Published by Pearson (May 11th 2018) - Copyright © 2019
You'll get a bound printed text.
For courses in introductory financial accounting.
Understanding financial accounting as the language of business
Once students see that accounting is the language of business, they are well on their way to academic and professional success. Financial Accounting translates the essentials of accounting to students so they understand why and when financially sound decisions are made in business today. The 5th Edition uses real-world examples from Bold City Brewery and other businesses that students encounter in their everyday lives, making the material relevant and giving students more of those “I get it” moments.
Also available with MyLab Accounting
MyLab™ is the teaching and learning platform that empowers you to reach every student. By combining trusted author content with digital tools and a flexible platform, MyLab personalizes the learning experience and improves results for each student.
Note: You are purchasing a standalone product; MyLab Accounting does not come packaged with this content. Students, if interested in purchasing this title with MyLab Accounting, ask your instructor to confirm the correct package ISBN and Course ID. Instructors, contact your Pearson representative for more information.
If you would like to purchase both the physical text and MyLab Accounting search for:
0134833163 / 9780134833163 Financial Accounting Plus MyLab Accounting with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package, 5/e
Package consists of:
- 0134727797 / 9780134727790 Financial Accounting
- 0134728882 / 9780134728889 MyLab Accounting with Pearson eText -- Access Card -- for Financial Accounting
Table of contents
1. Business, Accounting, and You
2. Analyzing and Recording Business Transactions
3. Adjusting and Closing Entries
4. Accounting for a Merchandising Business
6. The Challenges of Accounting: Standards, Internal Control, Audits, Fraud, and Ethics
7. Cash and Receivables
8. Long-Term and Other Assets
9. Current Liabilities and Long-Term Debt
10. Corporations: Paid-In Capital and Retained Earnings
11. The Statement of Cash Flows
12. Financial Statement Analysis
Appendix A: Columbia Sportswear Company Annual Report 2016 to Shareholders
Appendix B: Time Value of Money—Future and Present Value Concepts
Appendix C: FASB Update—Revenue Recognition
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material