Financial Intelligence for Supply Chain Managers: Understand the Link between Operations and Corporate Financial Performance, 1st edition
Published by Pearson FT Press (November 17th 2015) - Copyright © 2016
You'll get a bound printed text.
Discover how your supply chain and operations work impacts financial performance, and how to align your efforts to help your company succeed – the fastest, best way to supercharge your own career! As a supply chain or operations professional, you may clearly understand your operational performance goals. But if you want to get promoted, you need to know how your day-to-day work powerfully impacts the financial metrics your top executives care about most.
Financial Intelligence for Supply Chain Managers gives you this insight. Steve Leon broadens your view of what you do every day, so you can make your entire business more successful. Using new case studies and executive interviews, Leon explains:
- How supply chain and operations decision-making directly impacts ROI, Return on Assets, Working Capital, Cash Conversion Cycle and other key financial metrics
- How to make choices that help your company lead financially from a supply chain and operations perspective
- What to do when executive management sets a specific financial goal
- How the cross-functional nature of supply chain management makes it harder to achieve financial goals – and what to do about it
- What you need to know about financial documents such as balance sheets and income statements
- How performance measures and reward systems can sometimes conflict, damaging financial performance – and what to do about that, too
Supply Chain Finance will be indispensable to everyone with supply chain or operations responsibilities -- in inventory, purchasing, sourcing, logistics, transportation, manufacturing, service operations, forecasting, demand management, supply chain network design, process improvement, supply management, project management, and beyond!
Table of contents
Chapter 2: Financial Statements Overview 17
Chapter 3: Financial Statement Primer Essentials 37
Chapter 4: Ratio Analysis with Financial Statements 61
Chapter 5: Company Valuation 96
Chapter 6: Decision-Making Tools 112
Chapter 7: Project Management 136
Chapter 8: Supply Chain Network Design and Location Analysis 154
Chapter 9: Inventory Management 174
Chapter 10: Sourcing and Supply Management 193
Chapter 11: Supply and Value Chain Metrics 223
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material