Published byPearson (February 18th 2011) - Copyright © 2012
A digital version of the text you can personalize and read online or offline.
This is the eBook of the printed book and may not include any media, website access codes, or print supplements that may come packaged with the bound book.
FOUNDATIONS IN NURSING RESEARCH, 6/e, an engaging, learner-friendly text, illuminates all steps of the nursing research process, helping students critique research and determine whether study findings are ready to apply in practice. To illustrate specific aspects of the research process, the author extensively excerpts from published studies, including research performed outside the U.S. Pedagogical features include chapter outlines, objectives, definitions of key terms, summaries, class activities, and self-tests. This Sixth Edition has been revised with up-to-date information and references throughout; more coverage of both quantitative and qualitative research; greater focus on evidence-based practice; and an all-new chapter on nursing research and health care economics.
Table of contents
PART I INTRODUCTION TO NURSING RESEARCH
1. Development of Nursing Research
2. Ethical Issues in Nursing Research
3. An Overview of Quantitative Research
4. An Overview of Qualitative Research
PART II PRELIMINARY STEPS IN THE RESEARCH PROCESS
5. Identifying Nursing Research Problems
6. Review of the Literature
7. Theory and Nursing Research
PART III RESEARCH DESIGNS
9. Quantitative Research Designs
10. Qualitative Research Designs
PART IV OBTAINING STUDY PARTICIPANTS AND COLLECTION OF DATA
11. Populations and Samples
12. Measurement and Collection of Data
13. Data Collection Methods
PART V DATA ANALYSIS
14. Descriptive Statistics
15. Inferential Statistics.
16. Presentation and Discussion of Study Findings
PART VI RESEARCH FINDINGS AND NURSING PRACTICE
17. Communication and Utilization of Nursing Research
18. Evidence-Based Nursing Practice
19. Nursing Research and Health Care Economics
20. Critique of Research Reports
Appendix A. Answers to Self-tests.
Appendix B. Critique Questions for Specific Research Article
Appendix C. Sample Consent Form
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material