You'll get a bound printed text.
From Abacus to Zeus, Seventh Edition is a comprehensive handbook that defines and explains the most common terms and concepts used in discussing the history of visual arts. Useful as either a brief reference text or a supplement to an art history survey text, this handbook places art terms, processes, and principles in historical contexts with references to more than 1200 illustrations in Janson's History of Art, Revised Sixth Edition.Included in this edition:
- table of parallel illustrations in Stokstad's Art History (Second Edition), Hartt's Art (Fourth Edition), and Kleiner and Mamiya's, Gardner's Art Through the Ages (Eleventh Edition) and Janson's History of Art (Revised Sixth Edition)
- Directory of museum websites to assist students in their research on the world wide web
- additional iconographic entries and examples
- expanded chronology of painters, sculptors, photographers and architects with phonetic pronunciations.
ART BASICS: A series of brief, high quality, and moderately priced handbooks written by well-known educators in their field of study. Each student-friendly handbook is designed to stand alone or to be packaged with a traditional survey text.New for 2004
Thinking and Writing About Art History, 3/e by Donna K. Reid 0-13-183050-3
Artsguide: World and Web, 2/e by Dennis J. Sporre 0-13-177526-X
Writing About the Humanities, 2/e by Robert DiYanni 0-13-183049-X
The Handbook of Art and Design Terms, by David J. Edwards 0-13-098991-6
To request an examination copy, please contact your local representative or visit www.prenhall.com.
Table of contents
1. Art Terms, Processes, and Principles.
2. Gods, Heroes, and Monsters.
3. Christian Subjects.
4. Saints and Their Attributes.
5. Christian Signs and Symbols.
Chronology of Painters, Photographers, Sculptors, and Architects.
Directory of Museum Websites.
Table of Parallel Illustrations in Stokstad, Janson, Hartt, and Gardner.
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material