From Novice to Expert: Excellence and Power in Clinical Nursing Practice, Commemorative Edition, 1st edition
Unfortunately, this item is not available in your country.
This coherent presentation of clinical judgement, caring practices and collaborative practice provides ideas and images that readers can draw upon in their interactions with others and in their interpretation of what nurses do. It includes many clear, colorful examples and describes the five stages of skill acquisition, the nature of clinical judgement and experiential learning and the seven major domains of nursing practice. The narrative method captures content and contextual issues that are often missed by formal models of nursing knowledge. KEY TOPICS: The book uncovers the knowledge embedded in clinical nursing practice and provides the Dreyfus model of skill acquisition applied to nursing, an interpretive approach to identifying and describing clinical knowledge, nursing functions, effective management, research and clinical practice, career development and education, plus practical applications. MARKET: For nurses and healthcare professionals.
Table of contents
1. Uncovering the Knowledge Embedded in Clinical Nursing Practice.
2. The Dreyfus Model of Skill Acquisition Applied to Nursing.
3. An Interpretive Approach to Identifying and Describing Clinical Knowledge.
4. The Helping Role.
5. The Teaching-Coaching Function.
6. The Diagnostic and Monitoring Function.
7. Effective Management of Rapidly Changing Situations.
8. Administering and Monitoring Therapeutic Interventions and Regimens.
9. Monitoring and Ensuring the Quality of Health Care Practices.
10. Organizational and Work-Role Competencies.
11. Implications for Research and Clinical Practice.
12. Implications for Career Development and Education.
13. The Quest for a New Identity and New Entitlement in Nursing.
14. Excellence and Power in Clinical Nursing Practice.
Epilogue: Practical Applications.
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material
Published by Pearson (October 10th 2000) - Copyright © 2001