You'll get a bound printed text.
The Breakthrough Introduction to Chemical Engineering for Today’s Students
Fundamental Concepts and Computations in Chemical Engineering is well designed for today’s chemical engineering students, offering lucid and logically arranged text that brings together the fundamental knowledge students need to gain confidence and to jumpstart future success.
Dr. Vivek Utgikar illuminates the day-to-day roles of chemical engineers in their companies and in the global economy. He clearly explains what students need to learn and why they need to learn it, and presents practical computational exercises that prepare beginning students for more advanced study.
Utgikar combines straightforward discussions of essential topics with challenging topics to intrigue more well-prepared students. Drawing on extensive experience teaching beginners, he introduces each new topic in simple, relatable language, and supports them with meaningful example calculations in Microsoft Excel and Mathcad. Throughout, Utgikar presents practical methods for effective problem solving, and explains how to set up and use computation tools to get accurate answers.
Designed specifically for students entering chemical engineering programs, this text also serves as a handy, quick reference to the basics for more advanced students, and an up-to-date source of valuable information for educators and professionals.
- Where chemical engineering fits in the engineering field and overall economy
- Modern chemical engineering and allied industries and their largest firms
- How typical chemical engineering job functions build on what undergraduates learn
- The importance of computations, and the use of modern computational tools
- How to classify problems based on their mathematical nature
- Fundamental fluid flow phenomena and computational problems in practical systems
- Basic principles and computations of material and energy balance
- Fundamental principles and calculations of thermodynamics and kinetics in chemical engineering
- How chemical engineering systems and problems integrate and interrelate in the real world
- Review of commercial process simulation software for complex, large-scale computation
Table of contents
Chapter 1: The Chemical Engineering Profession
- Chapter 2: Chemical and Allied Industries
- Chapter 3: Making of a Chemical Engineer
- Chapter 4: Introduction to Computations in Chemical Engineering
Chapter 5: Computations in Fluid Flow
- Chapter 6: Material Balance Computations
- Chapter 7: Energy Balance Computations
- Chapter 8: Computations in Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics
- Chapter 9: Computations in Chemical Engineering Kinetics
Appendix A: Introduction to Mathematical Software Packages
Appendix B: Computations Using Process Simulation Software
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material