Fundamentals of General, Organic, and Biological Chemistry, 8th edition
Unfortunately, this item is not available in your country.
Active learning, an increased focus on clinical examples, updates based on current teaching and research findings, and digital innovations designed to engage and personalize readers’ experience make Fundamentals of General, Organic, and Biological Chemistry simply the best choice for readers with a future in allied health.
With the 8th Edition, the authors make learning chemistry a more active experience through features designed to get readers doing chemistry. Every chapter features Hands on Chemistry sections that deepen readers’ understanding of chemistry by having them perform elementary experiments with everyday household items. Group Problems at the end of every chapter are designed for in-class use and motivate readers to think carefully about higher-level problems, such as how concepts fit together and how to apply these concepts in a clinical application. All of the chapter openers, including many of the Chemistry in Action boxes and end-of-chapter problems have been rewritten for a stronger clinical focus that provides more relevance to allied health majors.
All content has been updated for the modern classroom with special attention to the biochemistry chapters, making the 8th Edition of Fundamentals of General, Organic and Biological Chemistry the best choice for future allied health readers.
Features and benefits
Mastering gives you the tools you need to learn — and to get a better grade.
- Personalized study tools: Show you what you know, what you don’t, and where to spend your time to fill the gaps
- Immediate feedback: On assignments and quizzes — and assistance with each problem if you need it — helps you get unstuck
- The mobile eText: Lets you learn on your terms, wherever you are
Table of contents
1. Matter and Measurements
2. Atoms and the Periodic Table
3. Ionic Compounds
4. Molecular Compounds
5. Classification and Balancing of Chemical Reactions
6. Chemical Reactions: Mole and Mass Relationships
7. Chemical Reactions: Energy, Rates, and Equilibrium
8. Gases, Liquids, and Solids
10. Acids and Bases
11. Nuclear Chemistry
12. Introduction to Organic Chemistry: Alkanes
13. Alkenes, Alkynes, and Aromatic Compounds
14. Some Compounds with Oxygen, Sulfur, or a Halogen
16. Aldehydes and Ketones
17. Carboxylic Acids and their Derivatives
18. Amino Acids and Proteins
19. Enzymes and Vitamins
21. The Generation of Biochemical Energy
22. Carbohydrate Metabolism
24. Lipid Metabolism
25. Protein and Amino Acid Metabolism
26. Nucleic Acids and Protein Synthesis
28. Chemical Messengers: Hormones, Neurotransmitters, and Drugs
29. Body Fluids
Published by Pearson (January 29th 2016) - Copyright © 2017