Fundamentals of Software Engineering, 2nd edition
Fundamentals of Software Engineering
You'll get a bound printed text.
The long-awaited second edition of Fundamentals of Software Engineering presents the fundamental principles of software engineering and illustrates the application of those principles in the different phases of software development. It stresses the importance of a rigorous approach to the practice of software engineering. Over 350 exercises are provided to aid in the comprehension of the material. Over 20 in-depth case studies show how to deal with the intricacies of real-world problems.
This second edition maintains the successful structure of the first edition and enhances the contents by adding treatment of recent developments in software engineering.
New coverage to this edition includes:
- More thorough treatment of object orientation
- Greater coverage of software architecture and components
- Introduction to modeling languages Z and UML
- Description and case study of requirements engineering
- New validation techniques, including model checking
- Quality improvement paradigms, including GQM and CMM
- More material on software processes, including the unified process
- Several new case studies on process, requirements, design, organization, and systems engineering
- A comprehensive supplement package, including an Instructor's Resource CD and a Companion Website.
Table of contents
1. Software Engineering: A Preview.
2. Software: Its Nature and Qualities.
3. Software Engineering Principles.
4. Software Design.
5. Software Specification.
6. Software Verification.
7. The Software Production Process.
8. Management of Software Engineering.
9. Software Engineering Tools and Environments.
Published by Pearson (September 19th 2002) - Copyright © 2003