General, Organic, and Biological Chemistry: Structures of Life, Books a la Carte Edition, 6th edition
Unfortunately, this item is not available in your country.
Engaging students by making connections between chemistry, the world around them and health-related careers, this revised edition introduces more problem-solving strategies, guides, features, conceptual and challenge problems. Helping students become critical thinkers by understanding scientific concepts that will form a basis for making important decisions about issues concerning health and the environment and their intended careers.
Features and benefits
Mastering gives you the tools you need to learn — and to get a better grade
- Personalized study tools.: Show you what you know, what you don’t, and where to spend your time to fill the gaps
- Immediate feedback: On assignments and quizzes — and assistance with each problem if you need it — helps you get unstuck.
- The mobile eText: Lets you learn on your terms, wherever you are.
Table of contents
- Chemistry in Our Lives
- Chemistry and Measurements
- Matter and Energy
- Atoms and Elements
- Nuclear Chemistry
- Ionic and Molecular Compounds
- Chemical Reactions and Quantities
- Reaction Rates and Chemical Equilibrium
- Acids and Bases
- Introduction to Organic Chemistry: Hydrocarbons
- Alcohols, Phenols, Thiols, and Ethers
- Aldehydes and Ketones
- Carboxylic Acids and Esters
- Amines and Amides
- Amino Acids and Proteins
- Enzymes and Vitamins
- Nucleic Acids and Protein Synthesis
- Metabolic Pathways for Carbohydrates
- Metabolism and Energy Production
- Metabolic Pathways for Lipids and Amino Acids
Published by Pearson (January 2nd 2018) - Copyright © 2019