NOTE: Before purchasing, check with your instructor to ensure you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of the MyLab™and Mastering™ platforms exist for each title, and registrations are not transferable. To register for and use MyLab or Mastering, you may also need a Course ID, which your instructor will provide.
Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the Mastering platform may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
For all introductory genetics courses
This package includes Mastering Genetics.
Engage students with real-world applications of genetics
Informed by more than 50 years’ experience and experimentation in teaching genetics, authors Mark Sanders and John Bowman share their excitement about genetics and the dynamism at work in the field with Genetic Analysis: An Integrated Approach. The authors use an integrated approach to help contextualize three core challenges of learning genetics: solving problems, understanding the connection between traditional genetics models and more modern approaches, and understanding evolution.
With the 3rd Edition, the authors provide students with additional problem solving guidance and a new emphasis on real-world applications of genetics. They also strive to make learning the details of genetics easier and offer ways to facilitate group work and discussion of genetics problems and concepts. The revision incorporates key updates that keep pace with changes in the field, such as advances in CRISPR-Cas, more discussion of epigenetics and expanded coverage of genomic approaches.
Personalize learning with Mastering Genetics
Mastering™ is the teaching and learning platform that empowers you to reach every student. By combining trusted author content with digital tools developed to engage students and emulate the office-hour experience, Mastering personalizes learning and improves results for each student. With a wide range of interactive, engaging, and assignable activities, students are encouraged to actively learn and retain tough course concepts.
0134807790 / 9780134807799 Genetic Analysis: An Integrated Approach Plus MasteringGenetics with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
- 0134605179 / 9780134605173 Genetic Analysis: An Integrated Approach
- 0134787064 / 9780134787060 MasteringGenetics with Pearson eText -- ValuePack Access Card -- for Genetic Analysis: An Integrated Approach
Table of contents
1. The Molecular Basis of Heredity, Variation, and Evolution
2. Transmission Genetics
3. Cell Division and Chromosome Heredity
4. Inheritance Patterns of Single Genes and Gene Interaction
5. Genetic Linkage and Mapping in Eukaryotes
6. Genetic Analysis and Mapping in Bacteria and Bacteriophage
Application Chapter: Part I: Genetic Counseling
7. DNA Structure and Replication
8. Molecular Biology of Transcription and RNA Processing
9. The Molecular Biology of Translation
Application Chapter: Part II: Genetic Testing
10. Chromosome Chapter Title TBD
11. Gene Mutation, DNA Repair, and Homologous Recombination
12. Chromosome Chapter Title TBD
13. Regulation of Gene Expression in Bacteria and Bacteriophage
14. Regulation of Gene Expression in Eukaryotes
15. Analysis of Gene Function by Forward Genetics and Reverse Genetics
Application Chapter: Part III: Cancer Genetics
16. Recombinant DNA Technology and Its Applications
17. Genomics: Genetics from a Whole-Genome Perspective
18. Organelle Inheritance and the Evolution of Organelle Genomes
19. Developmental Genetics
20. Genetic Analysis of Quantitative Traits
Application Chapter: IV: Personalized Medicine
21. Population Genetics and Evolution at the Population, Species, and Molecular Levels
Application Chapter: V: Forensic Genetics
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material