Get Fit, Stay Well!, 4th edition
Unfortunately, this item is not available in your country.
This print textbook is available for students to rent for their classes. The Pearson print rental program provides students with affordable access to learning materials, so they come to class ready to succeed.
For courses in Fitness and Wellness.
Helping individuals find the path to lifelong fitness
Get Fit, Stay Well! gives individuals the targeted, personalized guidance they need to get started, keep motivated, and approach the next level in their own fitness and wellness. With dynamic media and content that activates learning, Get Fit, Stay Well! takes a personalized approach to fitness and wellness that readers can apply for life. Maintaining the highly praised hallmarks of previous editions--integrated case studies, three-pronged labs, graphics-rich design, and extensive strength training and flexibility photos and videos--the 4th Edition further engages individuals with new and vibrant infographics, programs, and activities to inspire thinking and discussion. Get Fit, Stay Well! also includes Mastering™ Health--giving readers the tools they need to adopt healthy habits today and tomorrow.
Also available with Mastering Health
Mastering™ Health is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program designed to work with this text to engage students and improve results. Interactive, self-paced tutorials provide individualized coaching to help students stay on track. With a wide range of activities available, students can actively learn, understand, and retain even the most difficult concepts.
Note: You are purchasing a standalone product; Mastering Health does not come packaged with this content. Students, if interested in purchasing this title with Mastering Health, ask your instructor for the correct package ISBN and Course ID. Instructors, contact your Pearson representative for more information.
If you would like to purchase both the physical text and Mastering Health, search for:
0134383893 / 9780134383897 Get Fit, Stay Well! Plus Mastering Health with eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
- 013439206X / 9780134392066 Get Fit, Stay Well!
- 0134439856 / 9780134439853 Mastering Health with Pearson eText -- ValuePack Access Card -- for Get Fit, Stay Well!
Table of contents
1. Changing Personal Behaviors for Optimal Wellness
2. Understanding Fitness Principles
3. Conditioning Your Cardiorespiratory System
4. Building Muscular Strength & Endurance
5. Maintaining Flexibility & Back Health
6. Understanding Body Composition
7. Improving Your Nutrition
8. Managing Your Weight
9. Managing Stress
10. Reducing Your Risk of Cardiovascular Disease
11. Reducing Your Risk of Diabetes and Other Chronic Diseases
12. Reducing Your Risk of Cancer
13. Avoiding Substance Use, Abuse, and Addiction
14. Reducing Your Risk of Sexually Transmitted Infections
15. Maintaining Lifelong Fitness and Wellness
Putting It All Together: Your Total Fitness Program
Appendix: Answers to End-of-Chapter Questions
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material
Published by Pearson (January 1st 2017) - Copyright © 2018