Guidance of Young Children, 10th edition
Published by Pearson (January 9th 2018) - Copyright © 2019
Guidance of Young Children (Subscription)
ISBN-13: 9780134748092Includes: eText
A digital version of the text you can personalize and read online or offline.
Guidance of Young Children
ISBN-13: 9780134748153Includes: Paperback
You'll get a bound printed text.
Guidance of Young Children, with Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
ISBN-13: 9780134747330Includes: Paperback
You'll get a bound printed text.
Guidance of Young Children -- Enhanced Pearson eText
ISBN-13: 9780134742816Includes: Instant Access
You'll get instant access to the digital content.
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the Enhanced Pearson eText may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
This package includes the Enhanced Pearson eText.
Promote positive child guidance and management strategies
Written in a conversational style, yet solidly grounded in child development theory and research, Guidance of Young Children, 10th Edition focuses on positive and developmentally appropriate guidance of young children.
Based on the author’s belief that adults need to have realistic expectations of children, the book emphasizes understanding young children’s development in addition to major guidance theories. Real-world examples and case studies illustrate guidance in action, while analysis and application activities give readers a chance to construct their own basic approach to child guidance. With this foundation in place, teachers are encouraged to think critically and make intentional, informed decisions that positively impact the children in their care.
The 10th Edition enhances its focus on positive guiding strategies with new information about the authoritative caregiving style, an emphasis on encouragement over praise, additional information about the high rate of childcare and preschool expulsions, and more school-based examples at the pre-K and K level.
Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText*
The Enhanced Pearson eText provides a rich, interactive learning environment designed to improve student mastery of content with embedded videos, reflection questions, and application exercises. The Enhanced Pearson eText is:
- Engaging. The new interactive, multimedia learning features were developed by the authors and other subject-matter experts to deepen and enrich the learning experience.
- Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad® and Android® tablet.**
- Affordable. Experience the advantages of the Enhanced Pearson eText along with all the benefits of print for 40% to 50% less than a print bound book.
**The Pearson eText App is available on Google Play and in the App Store. It requires Android OS 3.1-4, a 7” or 10” tablet, or iPad iOS 5.0 or later.
013474733X / 9780134747330 Guidance of Young Children, with Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
- 0134748115 / 9780134748115 Guidance of Young Children, Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card
- 0134748158 / 9780134748153 Guidance of Young Children
Table of contents
1. A Teacher’s Role in Guiding Children
2. Theoretical Foundations of Child Guidance
3. Understand Child Development: A Key to Guiding Children Effectively
PART II: “DIRECT” AND “INDIRECT” CHILD GUIDANCE
4. Supportive Physical Environments: Indirect Guidance
5. Positive Guidance and Discipline Strategies: Direct Guidance
6. Using Observation in Guiding Children
PART III: SPECIAL TOPICS IN CHILD GUIDANCE
7. Self-Esteem and the Moral Self
8. Feelings and Friends: Emotional and Social Competence
9. Resilience and Stress in Childhood
10. Aggression and Bullying in Young Children
11. Minimizing Challenging Behavior
PART IV: APPLY YOUR KNOWLEDGE OF CHILD GUIDANCE
12. Apply Your Knowledge: Guiding Children during Routines and Transitions
13. Apply Your Knowledge: Use the Decision-Making Model of Child Guidance
Appendix: Review: Major Positive Discipline Strategies
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material