Guide to Portfolios: Creating and Using Portfolios for Academic, Career, and Personal Success, 1st edition
Published by Pearson (June 16th 2009) - Copyright © 2010
You'll get a bound printed text.
A Guide to Portfolios is great for individuals looking at career options, K-12 teachers, college and university faculty, students, career development professionals, and anyone who is intrigued by the idea of creating a unique and powerful tool to showcase their success. This fun and interactive book provides information, self-assessments, and check-lists to help you create and use the portfolio that best fits your needs.
- Working with the premise that all portfolios are not the same and may not be completely interchangeable, this book breaks portfolios into three distinct portfolio categories: assessment, career, and personal.
- Categories are then broken down further into six different types of portfolios, each used in a different situation with a different audience.
- A simple four-step process provides you with an easy way to begin and complete the process of building your portfolio.
- The book closes with specific information, questions, and suggestions for creating each type of portfolio and presenting it to the unique audience for which it is intended.
Additional Support - in and out of the classroom...
Discipline-specific information can be accessed through the Student Success Supersite (www.prenhall.com/success), where students and faculty will find an array of resources.
Start strong. Finish stronger.
Table of contents
SECTION 1: WHAT IS A PORTFOLIO?
What Do You Think of When You Hear the Word “Portfolio?”
Why Create a Portfolio?
SECTION 2: DIFFERENT PORTFOLIOS FOR DIFFERENT AUDIENCES
1. Master Portfolio
2. Assessment Portfolios—Academic and Technical
3. Career Portfolios—Resume-based, Project, and Performance
4. Personal Portfolios
SECTION 3: CREATING YOUR PORTFOLIO
Let's Get Started: Determine the Audience for Your Portfolio
SECTION 4: PORTFOLIO WORKSHEETS AND PRESENTATION STRATEGIES
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material