Handbook for Educational Leadership Interns: A Rite of Passage, 1st edition
Unfortunately, this item is not available in your country.
Focused on making the internship experience enlightening, developmental, and enjoyable, Educational Administration Field Experiences is a hands-on guide for all individuals completing internships in both public and private schools. The internship experience is one of the most important parts of an educational administrative program, yet it is one for which there is the least student written support. This handbook is generic enough to fit all internship courses and yet it provides the exact kind of support to students allowing them to successfully plan and conduct a highly effective internship experience. The text includes worksheets, competency guides, surveys, forms, self-reflection tools, internship aids, guided reflections and, most importantly, planning techniques to ensure that students get the most from their internship experiences. It successfully integrates students’ practical experiences, with learning aids, solid research and theory, and suggestions from practitioners related to best practices, making it a crucial tool in preparing for and executing a successful and worthwhile internship.
Table of contents
I. INTRODUCTION TO THE INTERNSHIP.
1. Research on the Internship and Mentoring.
2. Internship, Components and Course Scaffolding.
3. Reflection on the Internship Experience.
4. Standards and the Internship.
5. Ethical Belief Systems.
6. Practitioner’s Advice for the Internship.
7. Successful Site and Mentor Selection.
8. Planning Internship Activities.
9. Confusion, Conclusion, and Assessment.
II. INTRODUCTION TO THE IMPORTANT INTERNSHIP TOOLS.
10. Managing Your Time as an Intern.
11. Conducting Effective Meetings.
12. Achieving, Recognizing and Presenting Work.
13. Conflict and Crisis Management.
III. INTRODUCTION TO THE LICENSURE AND OBTAINING AN ADMINISTRATIVE POSITION.
14. Preparing for an Administrative Assessment.
15. Obtaining an Administrative Position.
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material
Published by Pearson (July 31st 2006) - Copyright © 2007