Health Promotion in Nursing Practice, 8th edition
Published by Pearson (April 12th 2018) - Copyright © 2019
Health Promotion in Nursing Practice (Subscription)
ISBN-13: 9780134803630Includes: eText
A digital version of the text you can personalize and read online or offline.
Health Promotion in Nursing Practice
ISBN-13: 9780134754086Includes: Paperback
You'll get a bound printed text.
For undergraduate and graduate courses in health promotion and disease prevention.
A complete guide to health promotion across diverse populations, at all stages of life
Health Promotion in Nursing Practice gives nurses and other health care professionals a practical, evidence-based guide to promoting health within diverse racial, ethnic, cultural, and economic populations, across the lifespan. It discusses individual and community models guiding health promotion interventions, strategies to implement and evaluate programs, and the evolving role of digital technology in improving efficacy. Learning activities and resources challenge students to think creatively to advance the field of health promotion. The 8th edition focuses on increasing access to innovative health programs for all populations, especially those most vulnerable, and on promoting active self-care for individuals and communities.
Table of contents
Introduction: Health Promotion in a Changing Social and Digital Environment
PART 1: THE HUMAN QUEST FOR HEALTH
1. Toward a Definition of Health
2. Individual Models to Promote Health Behavior
3. Community Models to Promote Health
PART 2: PLANNING FOR HEALTH PROMOTION AND PREVENTION
4. Assessing Health and Health Behaviors
5. Developing a Health Promotion—Prevention Plan
PART 3: INTERVENTIONS FOR HEALTH PROMOTION AND PREVENTION
6. Physical Activity and Health Promotion
7. Nutrition and Health Promotion
8. Stress Management and Health Promotion
9. Social Support and Health
PART 4: EVALUATING THE EFFECTIVENESS OF HEALTH PROMOTION
10. Evaluating Health Promotion Programs
PART 5: APPROACHES FOR PROMOTING A HEALTHY SOCIETY
11. Empowering for Self-Care to Promote Health
12. Health Promotion in Diverse Populations
13. Health Promotion in Community Settings
14. Promoting Health through Social and Environmental Change
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material