Health Science Fundamentals, 2nd edition
Published by Pearson (May 7th 2015) - Copyright © 2016
This product is not available in your country
A digital version of the text you can personalize and read online or offline.
This is the eBook of the printed book and may not include any media, website access codes, or print supplements that may come packaged with the bound book.
For introduction to health professions courses
Setting the standard for today’s health science student
Health Science Fundamentals: Exploring Career Pathways provides students with the skills they need to become competent and productive health care workers throughout their careers, with a strong emphasis on employability skills such as teamwork, effective communication, and ethics. All-new photos, a new layout, and hands-on activities keep students engaged and involved in the material. To prepare readers for the job market today, the careers chapter is realigned to meet the Common Career Technical Core pathways and the Math, Science, and Language Arts Links are correlated to curriculum standards.
Health Science Fundamentalsis divided into two parts to foster career skills. The first part, Becoming a Health Care Worker, includes basic information all health care workers must have to attain success in any health care field. The second part, Health Care Knowledge and Skills, covers the technical concepts and clinical skills students need to gain employability in a variety of entry-level occupations.
Table of contents
Part 1 Becoming a Health Care Worker
1. Introduction to Being a Health Care Worker
2. Understanding Health Care Systems
3. Finding the Right Occupation for You
4. Employability and Leadership
5. Understanding your Legal Obligations
6. Medical Ethics
9. Effective Communications
Part 2 Health Care Knowledge and Skills
10. Medical Terminology
11. Medical Math
12. Measurements and the Scientific Process
13. Your Body and How It Functions
14. Human Growth and Development
15. Mental Illness
17. Controlling Infection
18. Patient and Employee Safety
19. Measuring Vital Signs and Other Clinical Skills
20. Medical Assisting and Laboratory Skills
21. Therapeutic Techniques and Sports Medicine
22. Responsibilities of a Dental Assistant
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material