NOTE: Before purchasing, check with your instructor to ensure you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of the MyLab™ and Mastering™ platforms exist for each title, and registrations are not transferable. To register for and use MyLab or Mastering, you may also need a Course ID, which your instructor will provide.
Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the Mastering platform may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
For courses in personal health.
This package includes Mastering Health.
A mindful approach to personal health
Health: The Basics aligns well-researched health information with current real-world topics that have the greatest impact on students’’ lives to keep them hooked on learning and living well. The 13th Edition integrates mindfulness research, tools, and practices throughout, enabling students to incorporate mindfulness practices to help cut through the static of everyday life, to be more focused and present, and to improve academic performance.
Along with new content on sleep and health, as well as diversity and health equity, Health: The Basics builds on its strengths of using the most current, scientifically valid research, examining important issues and controversies about health today, and motivating students to become “actively engaged in health” at all levels. Students have access to videos, self-assessments, and online interactive activities and reading quizzes that address their diverse needs and learning styles while engaging them in the material.
Personalize learning with Mastering Health
Mastering™ is the teaching and learning platform that empowers you to reach every student. By combining trusted author content with digital tools developed to engage students and emulate the office-hour experience, Mastering personalizes learning and often improves results for each student. With a variety of activities available, students can actively learn, understand, and retain even the most difficult personal health concepts.
0134812824 / 9780134812823 Health: The Basics Plus Mastering Health with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
- 0134709683 / 9780134709680 Health: The Basics
- 0134796527 / 9780134796529 Mastering Health with Pearson eText -- ValuePack Access Card -- for Health: The Basics
Also available as an easy-to-use, standalone Pearson eText
Pearson eText allows educators to easily share their own notes with students so they see the connection between their reading and what they learn in class—motivating them to keep reading, and keep learning. Portable access lets students study on the go, even offline. And, reading analytics offer insight into how students use the eText, helping educators tailor their instruction.
If you would like to purchase the standalone Pearson eText, search for:
- 0135214165 / 9780135214169 Pearson eText Health: The Basics -- Access Card
- 0135214173 / 9780135214176 Pearson eText Health: The Basics -- Instant Access
Table of contents
Part 1. Finding the Right Balance
1. Assessing Your Health
Focus On: Difference, Disparity, and Health: Achieving Health Equity
2. Promoting and Preserving Your Psychosocial Health
Focus On: Cultivating Your Spiritual Health
3. Managing Stress and Coping with Life’s Challenges
4. Improving Your Sleep
5. Preventing Violence and Injury
Part 2. Creating Healthy and Caring Relationships
6. Building Healthy Relationships
Focus On: Understanding Your Sexuality
7. Considering Your Reproductive Choices
Part 3. Avoiding Risks from Harmful Habits
8. Recognizing and Avoiding Addiction and Drug Abuse
9. Drinking Alcohol Responsibly and Ending Tobacco Use
Part 4. Building Healthy Lifestyles
10. Eating for a Healthier You
11. Reaching and Maintaining a Healthy Weight
Focus On: Enhancing Your Body Image
12. Improving Your Physical Fitness
Part 5. Preventing and Fighting Disease
13. Reducing Your Risk of Cardiovascular Disease and Cancer
Focus On: Minimizing Your Risk for Diabetes
14. Protecting Against Infectious Diseases and Sexually Transmitted Infections
Focus On: Reducing Risks and Coping with Chronic Diseases and Conditions
Part 6. Facing Life’s Challenges
15. Making Smart Health Care Choices
Focus On: Understanding Complementary and Integrative Health
Focus On: Aging, Death, and Dying
16. Promoting Environmental Health
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material
Published by Pearson (January 5th 2018) - Copyright © 2019