NOTE: Before purchasing, check with your instructor to ensure you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of the Enhanced Pearson eText platform exists for each title, and registrations are not transferable. To register for and use Enhanced Pearson eText, you may also need a Course ID, which your instructor will provide.
Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the Enhanced Pearson eText may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
This package includes the Enhanced Pearson eText.
The core content, teaching strategies, and practical applications that prospective early childhood educators need to help children learn language and literacy
Helping Young Children Learn Language and Literacy takes a reader-friendly, child-focused approach to teaching the language arts. It provides pre- and in-service teachers with sound instructional strategies to facilitate children’s reading, writing, speaking, and listening development from birth through kindergarten.
Recognizing that children are at the heart of good language and literacy teaching, the book focuses on four central themes: a perspective on teaching and learning that blends constructivism and science-based instruction, respect for diversity, instruction-based assessment, and family involvement in literacy learning. Each chapter identifies clear learning goals and offers opportunities for readers to check their knowledge and apply what they have learned. Real-world classroom examples and case studies bring concepts to life, helping prospective teachers connect theories to strategies they can use in their own classrooms.
The 5th Edition includes up-to-date research, an increased emphasis on standards, and contains new features that reflect recent developments in the field of language arts education.
Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText*
The Enhanced Pearson eText is:
- Engaging. The new interactive, multimedia learning features were developed by the authors and other subject-matter experts to deepen and enrich the learning experience.
- Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad® and Android® tablet.**
- Affordable. Experience the advantages of the Enhanced Pearson eText along with all the benefits of print for 40% to 50% less than a print bound book.
*The Enhanced eText features are only available in the Pearson eText format. They are not available in third-party eTexts or downloads.
**The Pearson eText App is available on Google Play and in the App Store. It requires Android OS 3.1-4, a 7” or 10” tablet, or iPad iOS 5.0 or later.
0134986989 / 9780134986982 Helping Young Children Learn Language and Literacy: Birth Through Kindergarten, with Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
- 0134866592 / 9780134866598 Helping Young Children Learn Language and Literacy: Birth Through Kindergarten
- 0134866614 / 9780134866611 Helping Young Children Learn Language and Literacy: Birth through Kindergarten, Pearson eText -- Access Card
Table of contents
- Foundations of Language and Literacy
- Families’ Role in Children’s Literacy Learning
- Educational Environments Beyond the Family
- Language: The Foundation of Literacy Learning
- Developing Oral Language Comprehension
- Sharing Good Books with Young Children
- Teaching Early Reading
- Teaching Early Writing
- Assessing the Foundations of Early Literacy Learning
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material