A digital platform that replicates the office-hour experience with targeted feedback, study resources, and practical learning experiences. To register, you’ll need a Pearson course ID from your instructor, or visit your learning management system.
You'll get instant access to the digital content.
DIGITAL UPDATE available for Fall 2021 classes
For two-semester Anatomy & Physiology courses.
This ISBN is for instant access to Modified Mastering. Pearson is included.
Equipping learners with 21st-century skills to succeed in A&P and beyond
Human Anatomy & Physiology by best-selling authors Elaine Marieb and Katja Hoehn motivates and supports learners at every level, from novice to expert, equipping them with 21st century skills to succeed in A&P and beyond. Each chapter guides students from mastering A&P terminology to applying knowledge in clinical scenarios, to practicing the critical thinking and problem-solving skills required for entry to nursing, allied health, and exercise science programs. Recognized for its engaging, conversational writing style, easy-to-follow figures, and its unique clinical insights, Human Anatomy & Physiology, continues the tradition of innovation and addressing the most effective ways students learn.
Personalize learning with Mastering A&P with Pearson eText
This flexible digital platform combines unrivaled content, online assessments, and customizable features to personalize learning and improve results, one student at a time.
Pearson eText is an easy-to-use digital textbook available within Mastering that lets you read, highlight, take notes, and review key vocabulary all in one place.
Table of contents
Unit 1. Organization of the Body
1. The Human Body: An Orientation
2. Chemistry Comes Alive
3. Cells: The Living Units
4. Tissue: The Living Fabric
Unit 2. Covering, Support, and Movement of the Body
5. The Integumentary System
6. Bones and Skeletal Tissue
7. The Skeleton
9. Muscles and Muscle Tissue
10. The Muscular System
Unit 3. Regulation and Integration of the Body
11. Fundamentals of the Nervous System and Nervous Tissue
12. The Central Nervous System
13. The Peripheral Nervous System and Reflex Activity
14. The Autonomic Nervous System
15. The Special Senses
16. The Endocrine System
Unit 4. Maintenance of the Body
18. The Cardiovascular System: The Heart
19. The Cardiovascular System: Blood Vessels
20. The Lymphatic System and Lymphoid Organs and Tissues
21. The Immune System: Innate and Adaptive Body Defenses
22. The Respiratory System
23. The Digestive System
24. Nutrition, Metabolism, and Body Temperature Regulation
25. The Urinary System
26. Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Balance
Unit 5. Continuity
27. The Reproductive System
28. Pregnancy and Human Development
Published by Pearson (January 5th 2018) - Copyright © 2019