Mastering A&P without Pearson eText -- Instant Access -- for Human Anatomy
- Instant Access
This product is not available in your country
A digital platform that replicates the office-hour experience with targeted feedback, study resources, and practical learning experiences. To register, you’ll need a Pearson course ID from your instructor, or visit your learning management system.
You'll get instant access to the digital content.
Mastering™ A&P is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program designed to engage students and improve results. Instructors ensure that students arrive ready to learn by assigning educationally effective content before class, and encourage critical thinking and retention with in-class resources such as Learning Catalytics™. Students can further master concepts after class through assignments that provide hints and answer-specific feedback. With a wide range of activities available, students can actively learn, understand, and retain even the most difficult concepts. A robust suite of online resources in Mastering A&P, including Spotlight Figure Coaching Activities and Dynamic Study Modules, allow students to interact with content from the book and learn more about the most difficult concepts.
- NEW! Ready-to-Go Teaching Modules are an instructor resource that help faculty efficiently navigate content and high impact resources for the toughest topics. A curated collection of before-class assignments, in-class activities, and after-class assignments are provided for ease of use. Instructors can incorporate active learning into their course with the suggested activity ideas and clicker questions or Learning Catalytics questions.
- IMPROVED! Dynamic Study Modules help students study effectively on their own by continuously assessing their activity and performance in real time. Here's how it works: students complete a set of questions with a unique answer format that also asks them to indicate their confidence level. Questions repeat until the student can answer them all correctly and confidently. These are available as graded assignments prior to class, and accessible on smartphones, tablets, and computers. New for the 9th Edition, instructors can now remove questions they do not wish to assign.
- IMPROVED! The Mastering A&P Study Area features new, mobile-friendly navigation and offers students additional practice test questions, reading quiz questions, flashcards, Get Ready for A&P tutorials, and more. Revised reading quizzes, chapter test reading questions, and Critical Linking activities have been added.
- Spotlight Figure Coaching Activities bring interactivity to Spotlight Figures from every chapter in the text. These highly visual, interactive, multi-part activities include ranking and sorting questions.
- A Variety of Clinical Content includes Clinical Case Activities, whichstem from the story-based Clinical Cases that appear at the beginning and end of each chapter in the book.
- Additional Interactive Exercises include Bone & Dissection Video Coaching Activities that review the major bones and organ dissections and are supported with assignable activities that include hints and specific wrong-answer feedback; Art-Labeling and Ranking/Sorting Questions that allow students to assess their knowledge of terms and structures; conceptual Art-Based Questions; and a wide variety of Reading Questions that help students focus on key concepts in each chapter.
- A&P Flix™ Activities for Anatomy Topics allow instructors to assign animations on difficult anatomy topics to test student understanding.
- Practice Anatomy Lab™ (PAL™ 3.0) is an indispensable virtual anatomy study and practice tool that gives students 24/7 access to the most widely used lab specimens including human cadaver, anatomical models, histology, cat, and fetal pig. PAL 3.0 features:
- A layering slider that allows students to peel back layers of the human cadaver and explore hundreds of dissections.
- An interactive histology module that lets students view the same tissue slide at varying magnifications, helping them identify structures and their characteristics.
- Randomized self-study quiz questions that create a new set of questions each time a student retakes a quiz or lab practical.
- Assignable Quizzes and “Lab Practical” Test Bank questions can be assigned and automatically graded by choosing PAL from the book/source drop-down menu in the Mastering A&P item library.
- Get Ready for A&P, 3rd Edition quickly gets students up to speed with helpful study skills, math skills, anatomical terminology, basic chemistry, cell biology, and other basics of the human body. Each chapter of this hands-on workbook includes a pre-test, guided explanation, interactive quizzes and exercises, and end-of-chapter cumulative tests. The Third Edition includes enhanced study tools and assessments in Mastering A&P™ and 10 Video Tutors that feature author Lori Garrett walking students through key concepts in chemistry and cell biology.
- Learning Catalytics™helps generate class discussion, customize lectures, and promote peer-to-peer learning with real-time analytics. As a student response tool, Learning Catalytics uses students’ smartphones, tablets, or laptops to engage them in more interactive tasks and thinking.
- NEW! Upload a full PowerPoint® deck for easy creation of slide questions.
- NEW! Team names are no longer case sensitive.
- Help your students develop critical thinking skills.
- Monitor responses to find out where your students are struggling.
- Rely on real-time data to adjust your teaching strategy.
- Automatically group students for discussion, teamwork, and peer-to-peer learning.
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material
Published by Pearson (January 1st 2017) - Copyright © 2018