Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
For courses in human biology.
This package includes Mastering Biology.
Explore Human Biology in Relation to Current Issues, in the Text and Online
Through his teaching, his textbook, and his online blog, award-winning teacher Michael D. Johnson sparks interest in human biology by connecting basic biology to real-world issues that are relevant to readers’ lives. Using a storytelling approach and extensive online support, Human Biology: Concepts and Current Issues, 8th Edition not only demystifies how the human body works but also drives readers to become a better, more discerning consumer of health and science information. Each chapter opens with Johnson’s popular “Current Issues” essays, and within each chapter, “BlogInFocus” references direct readers to his frequently-updated blog for breaking human biology-related news.
Personalize learning with Mastering Biology
Mastering™ Biology is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment product proven to improve results by helping readers quickly master concepts. Readers benefit from opportunities to practice basic science literacy skills, using interactive resources that create engaging learning experiences. Effective activities in Mastering Biology help readers further visualize and understand complex biological processes.
0134042239 / 9780134042237 Human Biology: Concepts and Current Issues Plus Mastering Biology with eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
- 0134254902 / 9780134254906 Mastering Biology with Pearson eText -- ValuePack Access Card -- for Human Biology: Concepts and Current Issues
- 0134042433 / 9780134042435 Human Biology: Concepts and Current Issues
Table of contents
1. Human Biology, Science, and Society
2. The Chemistry of Living Things
3. Structure and Function of Cells
4. From Cells to Organ Systems
5. The Skeletal System
6. The Muscular System
8. Heart and Blood Vessels
9. The Immune System and Mechanisms of Defense
10. The Respiratory System. Exchange of Gases
11. The Nervous System. Integration and Control
12. Sensory Mechanisms
13. The Endocrine System
14. The Digestive System and Nutrition
15. The Urinary System
16. Reproductive Systems
17. Cell Reproduction and Differentiation
18. Cancer. Uncontrolled Cell Division and Differentiation
19. Genetics and Inheritance
20. DNA Technology and Genetic Engineering
21. Development, Maturation, Aging, and Death
22. Evolution and the Origins of Life
23. Ecosystems and Populations
24. Human Impacts, Biodiversity, and Environmental Issues
Answers to Figure Check, Quick Check, and Test Yourself Questions A-1
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material