An interactive, digital, and mobile learning environment that replaces the traditional printed text. To register, you’ll need a course invite link from your instructor.
You'll get instant access to the digital content.
For courses in Introduction to Communication
A comprehensive overview of the theory, research, and skills of communication
Revel Human Communication: The Basic Course provides an in-depth look at the fundamental concepts and principles of human communication. Writing for students with little prior background in the discipline, author Joseph DeVito provides the foundation needed for more specialized study of interpersonal, small group, and organizational communication, as well as public speaking. The 2020 Revel re-release of the 14th Edition offers an expanded selection of videos, additional video self-checks, and more engaging interactive cultural maps.
NOTE: Revel is a fully digital delivery of Pearson content. This ISBN is for the standalone Revel access card. In addition to this access card, you will need a course invite link, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Revel.
Table of contents
PART I: FOUNDATIONS OF HUMAN COMMUNICATION
1. Fundamentals of Human Communication
2. Culture and Communication
3. Perception of Self and Others
4. Listening in Human Communication
5. Verbal Messages
6. Nonverbal Messages
PART II: INTERPERSONAL, SMALL GROUP, AND ORGANIZATIONAL COMMUNICATION
7. Interpersonal Communication and Conversation
8. Interpersonal Relationship Stages and Theories
9. Friends, Lovers, and Families
10. Small Group Communication
11. Members and Leaders
12. Human Communication in the Workplace: Organizational Communication
13. Interpersonal, Group, and Workplace Conflict
PART III: PUBLIC SPEAKING
14. Public Speaking Topics, Audiences, and Research
15. Supporting and Organizing Your Speech
16. Style and Delivery in Public Speaking
17. The Informative Speech
18. The Persuasive Speech
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material