Human Communication: The Basic Course, 14th edition
Human Communication: The Basic Course (Subscription)
A digital version of the text you can personalize and read online or offline.
This is the eBook of the printed book and may not include any media, website access codes, or print supplements that may come packaged with the bound book.
For courses in Introduction to Communication
A comprehensive overview of the theory, research, and skills of communication
Human Communication: The Basic Course provides an in-depth look at the fundamental concepts and principles of human communication. Writing for students with little prior background in the discipline, author Joseph DeVito provides the significant foundation needed for more specialized study of interpersonal, small group, and organizational communication, as well as public speaking. The Fourteenth Edition fully integrates the latest research as well as new examples, exercises, and photos to keep the text current and pedagogically effective.
Human Communication: The Basic Course, Fourteenth Edition is also available via Revel™, an interactive learning environment that enables students to read, practice, and study in one continuous experience.
Table of contents
PART I: FOUNDATIONS OF HUMAN COMMUNICATION
1. Fundamentals of Human Communication
2. Culture and Communication
3. Perception of Self and Others
4. Listening in Human Communication
5. Verbal Messages
6. Nonverbal Messages
PART II: INTERPERSONAL, SMALL GROUP, AND ORGANIZATIONAL COMMUNICATION
7. Interpersonal Communication and Conversation
8. Interpersonal Relationship Stages and Theories
9. Friends, Lovers, and Families
10. Small Group Communication
11. Members and Leaders
12. Human Communication in the Workplace: Organizational Communication
13. Interpersonal, Group, and Workplace Conflict
PART III: PUBLIC SPEAKING
14. Public Speaking Topics, Audiences, and Research
15. Supporting and Organizing Your Speech
16. Style and Delivery in Public Speaking
17. The Informative Speech
18. The Persuasive Speech
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material
Published by Pearson (May 9th 2017) - Copyright © 2018