Human Diseases, 8th edition
Unfortunately, this item is not available in your country.
ALERT:/b>Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that youb>select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition,b>you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
For all courses on basic pathophysiology in a wide range of undergraduate allied health programs, including medical office assisting, nursing, and dental hygiene.
This package includes MyHealthProfessionsLab™
Today's most accessible, accurate, current, and engaging introduction to basic pathophysiology.
Human Diseases: A Systemic Approach, Eighth Edition is today's most comprehensive visual survey of the common diseases affecting each body system. This edition has been extensively updated and reorganized to present the field's latest knowledge more efficiently and intuitively than ever. Organized by organ system, it contains completely rewritten chapters on cancer, the nervous system, mental illness and cognitive disorders, the urinary system, the respiratory system, heredity, the endocrine system, cardiovascular system, and blood; as well as an entirely new chapter on the eye and ear (special senses). Its superior pedagogy has been enhanced with stronger foundational coverage of disease mechanisms, new Healthy Aging and Promote Your Health features, and extensive new artwork.
Personalize Learning with MyHealthProfessionsLab
MyHealthProfessionsLab is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program designed to work with this text to engage students and improve results. Within its structured environment, students practice what they learn and test their understanding to help them better absorb course material and understand difficult concepts.
0133494934 / 9780133494938 Human Diseases Plus MyHealthProfessionsLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package, 8/e consists of:
- 0133351319 / 9780133351316 MyHealthProfessionsLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card -- for Human Diseases
- 013342474X / 9780133424744 Human Diseases, 8/e
Table of contents
I: Mechanisms of Disease
1. Introduction to Disease
2. Immunity, Inflammation, and Immune Disorders
3. Infectious Diseases and Infection Control
5. Heredity and Disease
II: Diseases of the Systems
6. Diseases and Disorders of the Cardiovascular System
7. Diseases and Disorders of the Blood
8. Diseases and Disorders of the Respiratory System
9. Diseases and Disorders of the Digestive System
10. Diseases and Disorders of the Urinary System
11. Diseases and Disorders of the Reproductive System
12. Diseases and Disorders of the Endocrine System
13. Diseases and Disorders of the Nervous System
14. Diseases and Disorders of the Special Senses
15. Mental Illness and Cognitive Disorders
16. Diseases and Disorders of the Bones, Joints, and Muscles
17. Diseases and Disorders of the Skin
B. Answers to Interactive Activities
C. Laboratory Tests and Diagnostic Procedures
Published by Pearson (June 29th 2015) - Copyright © 2015