NOTE: Before purchasing, check with your instructor to ensure you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of the MyLab™ and Mastering™ platforms exist for each title, and registrations are not transferable. To register for and use MyLab or Mastering, you may also need a Course ID, which your instructor will provide.
Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the Mastering platform may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
For courses in Human Physiology.
This package includes Mastering A&P.
Move beyond memorization: Prepare students for tomorrow’s challenges
Human Physiology: An Integrated Approach is the #1 best-selling 1-semester human physiology text world-wide. The 8th Edition engages students in developing a deeper understanding of human physiology by guiding them to think critically and equipping them to solve real-world problems. Updates, such as new Try It activities and detailed teaching suggestions in the new Ready-to-Go Teaching Modules, help students learn and apply mapping skills, graphing skills, and data interpretation skills.
The text reflects Dr. Silverthorn’s active learning style of instruction, and builds upon the thorough integration of “big picture” themes with up-to-date cellular and molecular physiology topics that have always been the foundation of her approach.
Mastering A&P features new Interactive Physiology 2.0 tutorials, new Try It! Coaching Activities, and Phys in Action! Video Tutors, complementing Human Physiology and providing a cohesive learning experience for today’s learners.
Personalize learning with Mastering A&P
Mastering™ is the teaching and learning platform that empowers you to reach every student. By combining trusted author content with digital tools developed to engage students and emulate the office-hour experience, Mastering personalizes learning and improves results for each student. Features in the text are supported by Mastering A&P assignments, including new Interactive Physiology 2.0 tutorials, Dynamic Study Modules, Learning Catalytics, 3D animations, lab study tools, Get Ready for A&P, plus a variety of Art Labeling Questions, Clinical problem-solving activities, and more.
0134701526 / 9780134701523 Human Physiology: An Integrated Approach Plus MasteringA&P with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
- 0134701410 / 9780134701417 MasteringA&P with Pearson eText -- ValuePack Access Card -- for Human Physiology: An Integrated Approach
- 0134605195 / 9780134605197 Human Physiology: An Integrated Approach
Also available as an easy-to-use, standalone Pearson eText
Pearson eText allows educators to easily share their own notes with students so they see the connection between their reading and what they learn in class—motivating them to keep reading, and keep learning. Portable access lets students study on the go, even offline. And, reading analytics offer insight into how students use the eText, helping educators tailor their instruction.
If you would like to purchase the standalone Pearson eText, search for:
- 013521291X / 9780135212912 Pearson eText Human Physiology: An Integrated Approach -- Access Card
- 0135212901 / 9780135212905 Pearson eText Human Physiology: An Integrated Approach -- Instant Access
Table of contents
I. BASIC CELL PROCESSES: INTEGRATION AND COORDINATION
1. Introduction to Physiology
2. Molecular Interactions
3. Compartmentation: Cells and Tissues
4. Energy and Cellular Metabolism
5. Membrane Dynamics
6. Communication, Integration, and Homeostasis
II. HOMEOSTASIS AND CONTROL
7. Introduction to the Endocrine System
8. Neurons: Cellular and Network Properties
9. The Central Nervous System
10. Sensory Physiology
11. Efferent Division: Autonomic and Somatic Motor Control
13. Integrative Physiology I: Control of Body Movement
III. INTEGRATION OF FUNCTION
14. Cardiovascular Physiology
15. Blood Flow and the Control of Blood Pressure
17. Mechanics of Breathing
18. Gas Exchange and Transport
19. The Kidneys
20. Integrative Physiology II: Fluid and Electrolyte Balance
IV. METABOLISM, GROWTH, AND AGING
21. The Digestive System
22. Metabolism and Energy Balance
23. Endocrine Control of Growth and Metabolism
24. The Immune System
25. Integrative Physiology III: Exercise
26. Reproduction and Development
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material