NOTE: Before purchasing, check with your instructor to ensure you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of the MyLab™and Mastering™ platforms exist for each title, and registrations are not transferable. To register for and use MyLab or Mastering, you may also need a Course ID, which your instructor will provide.
Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the MyLab platform may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
For courses in management.
This ISBN is for the MyLab access card. Pearson eText is included.
Modern human resources: technology, social media, and management
Human Resource Management provides students with an introduction to the daily tools and skills they’ll need to function as successful managers -- in both human resources and business in general. With a practical approach, the text explores the evolution of the field, highlighting the introduction of revolutionary new technologies and social media platforms. The 16th Edition focuses on the positive impacts technology has had on the HR field. For example, the ability to vet potential employees on the internet has shifted more HR responsibilities to managers, leaving HR departments with more time to carry out strategic, long-term endeavors for boosting employee performance and engagement. With a heavy focus on emerging industry trends, the text prepares students with everything they need to be successful managers and HR personnel in the 21st century.
Personalize learning with MyLab Management
By combining trusted author content with digital tools and a flexible platform, MyLab personalizes the learning experience and improves results for each student.
Table of contents
PART ONE: INTRODUCTION
1. Introduction to Human Resource Management
2. Equal Opportunity and the Law
3. Human Resource Management Strategy and Performance
PART TWO: RECRUITMENT, PLACEMENT, AND TALENT MANAGEMENT
4. Job Analysis and the Talent Management Process
5. Personnel Planning and Recruiting
6. Employee Testing and Selection
7. Interviewing Candidates
PART THREE: TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT
8. Training and Developing Employees
9. Performance Management and Appraisal
10. Managing Careers and Retention
PART FOUR: COMPENSATION
11. Establishing Strategic Pay Plans
12. Pay for Performance and Financial Incentives
13. Benefits and Services
PART FIVE: ENRICHMENT TOPICS IN HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
14. Building Positive Employee Relations
15. Labor Relations and Collective Bargaining
16. Safety, Health, and Risk Management
17. Managing Global Human Resources
18. Managing Human Resources in Small and Entrepreneurial Firms
Appendix A: HRCI PHR® and SPHR® Certification Body of Knowledge
Appendix B: About the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) Body of Competency and Knowledge™ Model and Certification Exams
Appendix C: Comprehensive Cases
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material