Human Resource Management, 14th edition
Digital book that you can read instantly
Human Resource Management (Subscription)
MyLab2 from $84.99
Pearson course ID or link in LMS required
2019 MyLab Management with Pearson eText -- Instant Access-- for Human Resource Management
- Instant Access
Free deliveryWas$266.65 Now$213.32
Human Resource Management Plus 2019 MyLab Management with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
Hardcover, paperback, or loose-leaf
Free deliveryWas$266.65 Now$213.32
Human Resource Management
NOTE: You are purchasing a standalone product; MyManagementLab® does not come packaged with this content. If you would like to purchase both the physical text and MyManagementLab search for 0133972992 / 9780133972993 Human Resource Management Plus MyManagementLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package, 14/e
Package consists of:
- 0133848809/9780133848809 Human Resource Management, 14/e
- 013386622X/9780133866223 MyManagementLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card -- for Human Resource Management, 14/e
MyManagementLab should only be purchased when required by an instructor.
For undergraduate courses in Human Resources Management.
Combining Theory & Practice: A Modern Guide to Human Resources
Human Resource Management addresses the study of HR in a realistic, practical, and stimulating manner. Examples of how HR management is practiced in the real world and the relationship between various HR topics are interwoven throughout the text, giving students a thorough introduction to the field based on sound theoretical concepts and practice.
The Fourteenth Edition reveals HR’s strategic importance to management and the overall health of an organization. The text also addresses the ongoing shrinkage of internal HR departments as many companies shift towards HR outsourcing, HR shared service centers, and professional employer organizations. Students should walk away with an appreciation for how the HR profession continues to shed its administrative image and while focusing on mission-oriented activities.
Also available with MyManagementLab
MyManagementLab is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program designed to work with this text to engage students and improve results. Within its structured environment, students practice what they learn, test their understanding, and pursue a personalized study plan that helps them better absorb course material and understand difficult concepts.
MyManagementLab allows you to engage your students in the course material before, during, and after class with a variety of activities and assessments.
Table of contents
Part I: Setting the Stage
1. Human Resource Management: An Overview
2. Business Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility
3. Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, and Workforce Diversity
Part II: Staffing
4. Strategic Planning, Human Resource Planning, and Job Analysis
Part III: Performance Management and Training
7. Performance Management and Appraisal
8. Training and Development
Part IV: Compensation
9. Direct Financial Compensation (Core Compensation)
10. Indirect Financial Compensation (Employee Benefits)
Part V: Labor Relations, Employee Relations, Safety, and Health
11. Labor Unions and Collective Bargaining
12. Internal Employee Relations
13. Employee Safety, Health, and Wellness
Part VI: Operating in a Global Environment
14. Global Human Resource Management
Published by Pearson (August 7th 2019) - Copyright © 2016