ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
With its modern chapter organization and new “Focus on Genomics” boxes, iGenetics: A Molecular Approach MasteringGenetics, 3/e, reflects the increasing molecular emphasis in today’s experimental study of genes while helping you develop problem-solving skills and an appreciation for classic experiments. Although molecular topics are presented first, instructors can assign the chapters in any sequence.
Pedagogical features such as chapter-opening “Key Questions” and strategically placed “Keynotes” help you to efficiently master genetic concepts.
Table of contents
1. Genetics: An Introduction
2. DNA: The Genetic Material
3. DNA Replication
4. Gene Control of Proteins
5. Gene Expression: Transcription
6. Gene Expression: Translation
7. DNA Mutation, DNA Repair, and Transposable Elements
8. Structural Genomics
9. Functional and Comparative Genomics
10. Recombinant DNA Technology
11. Mendelian Genetics
12. Chromosomal Basis of Inheritance
13. Extensions of and Deviations from Mendelian Genetic Principles
14. Genetic Mapping in Eukaryotes
15, Genetics of Bacteria and Bacteriophages
16. Variations in Chromosome Structure and Number
17. Regulation of Gene Expression in Bacteria and Bacteriophages
18. Regulation of Gene Expression in Eukaryotes
19. Genetic Analysis of Development
20. Genetics of Cancer
21. Quantitative Genetics
22. Population Genetics
23. Molecular Evolution
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material