IHG.Dodds:Geopolitics_p, 1st edition
Unfortunately, this item is not available in your country.
Geopolitics in a Changing World provides a progressive introduction to world politics, illustrating how forces such as globalization and events such as the dissolution of the former Yugoslavia are changing the traditional subject matter of geopolitics. It aims to encourage students to consider how geographers can contribute to debates about the new world order. The author moves from an introductory survey of world politics and contemporary affairs to question how our global system of nation-states is being challenged by trans-boundary flows, non-state organizations and supra-territorial relationships.
Table of contents
1. Geopolitics at the end of the 20th Century
2. The Globalization of World Politics
3. Popular Geopolitics
4. The Globalization of Danger: Nuclear Weapons and Nuclear Proliferation
5. The Globalization of Environmental Issues
6. The Globalization of Humanitarianism
7. Globalization and North-South Relations
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material
Published by Pearson (September 1st 1999) - Copyright © 2000