Inorganic Chemistry, 5th edition
Digital book that you can read instantly
Inorganic Chemistry (Subscription)
Mastering2 from $99.99
Pearson course ID or link in LMS required
Modified MasteringChemistry without eText -- Instant Access -- for Inorganic Chemistry
- Instant Access
Modified MasteringChemistry with Pearson eText -- Instant Access -- for Inorganic Chemistry
- Instant Access
Hardcover, paperback, or loose-leaf
Free deliveryWas$266.65 Now$213.32
With its updates to quickly changing content areas, a strengthened visual presentation and the addition of new co-author Paul Fischer, the new edition of this highly readable text is more educational and valuable than ever. Inorganic Chemistry, 5/e delivers the essentials of Inorganic Chemistry at just the right level for today’s classroom — neither too high (for novice readers) nor too low (for advanced readers). Strong coverage of atomic theory and an emphasis on physical chemistry provide a firm understanding of the theoretical basis of inorganic chemistry, while a reorganized presentation of molecular orbital and group theory highlights key principles more clearly.
Table of contents
1. Introduction to Inorganic Chemistry.
2. Atomic Structure.
3. Simple Bonding Theory.
4. Symmetry and Group Theory.
5. Molecular Orbitals.
6. Acid-Base and Donor-Acceptor Chemistry.
7. The Crystalline Solid State.
8. Chemistry of the Main Group Elements.
9. Coordination Chemistry I: Structures and Isomers.
10. Coordination Chemistry II: Bonding.
11. Coordination Chemistry III: Electronic Spectra.
12. Coordination Chemistry IV: Reactions and Mechanisms.
13. Organometallic Chemistry.
14. Organometallic Reactions and Catalysis.
15. Parallels Between Main Group and Organometallic Chemistry.
Chapter 16, Bioinorganic and Environmental Chemistry, which was not printed in the Fifth Edition, is available electronically upon request from your Pearson rep.
Published by Pearson (January 20th 2013) - Copyright © 2014