Interactive Vocabulary, 6th edition
This product is not available in your country
You'll get a bound printed text.
Helps students build and use strong vocabularies
Interactive Vocabulary makes the study of vocabulary enjoyable. Through thematic readings, self-tests, and interactive exercises, students can apply their skills to writing, personal experience, art, and many other formats that generate excitement about improving their vocabularies. Each activity plays on individual learning styles to help students learn new words in a large number of contexts.
The Sixth Edition retains the book’s strong visual appeal, as well as its philosophy that an essential part of learning vocabulary is repeated exposure to a word. As a result, it provides eight to ten exposures to each vocabulary word throughout the text, plus additional instances in the review section and flash and word map activities throughout the book. With new readings and words, this edition of Interactive Vocabulary offers greater exposure to a more diverse wordbase than ever before.
Also available with MyReadingLab™
MyReadingLab is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program designed to work with this text to engage students and improve results. Within its structured environment, students practice what they learn, test their understanding, and pursue a personalized study plan that helps them develop their reading skills and promotes transference of those skills to college-level work. Full-length readings and assignments from the text are available in the eText version of MyReadingLab, strengthening the connection between the classroom and work done outside of class.
Note: You are purchasing a standalone product; MyReadingLab does not come packaged with this content. Students, if interested in purchasing this title with MyReadingLab, ask your instructor for the correct package ISBN and Course ID. Instructors, contact your Pearson representative for more information.
If you would like to purchase both the physical text and MyReadingLab, search for:
013444566X / 9780134445663 Interactive Vocabulary Plus MyReadingLab - Access Card Package
Package consists of:
- 0133995011 / 9780133995015 MyReadingLab with Pearson eText - Standalone Access Card
- 0134122372 / 9780134122373 Interactive Vocabulary
Table of contents
To the Student
Parts of Speech
Using the Dictionary
Benefits of Flash Cards and Word Maps
Context Clue Mini-Lessons
PART I: EDUCATION
1. Vocabulary Growth: The Joy of Words
2. Resources: Using a College Wisely
3. Time: Planning Matters
4. Word Parts I
5. Review: Focus on Chapters 1—4
PART II: THE UNUSUAL
6. Odd Places: Journey Beyond the Ordinary
7. Amazing Animals: Special Abilities
8. Wacky Festivals: Fun with Food
9. Word Parts II
10. Review: Focus on Chapters 6—9
PART III: RELATIONSHIPS
11. Your Life: What Do You Want?
12. Family and Friends: How Can We Share Wisely?
13. Romance: How Do You Know?
14. Word Parts III
15. Review: Focus on Chapters 11—14
PART IV: HEALTH
16. Fitness: A Healthy Body
17. Personal Finance: A Healthy Wallet
18. The Environment: A Healthy Planet
19. Review: Focus on Chapters 16—18
PART V: CAREERS
20. Science: The Scientific Mind
21. The Arts: Creative Places
22. Politics: Women in Office
23. Review: Focus on Chapters 20—22
Create Your Own Flash Cards
Make Your Own Word Maps
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material
Published by Pearson (February 25th 2016) - Copyright © 2017