Intercultural Business Communication, 6th edition
Published by Pearson (December 29th 2012) - Copyright © 2014
Intercultural Business Communication (Subscription)
ISBN-13: 9780133401967Includes: eText
A digital version of the text you can personalize and read online or offline.
Intercultural Business Communication
ISBN-13: 9780132971270Includes: Paperback
You'll get a bound printed text.
Directed primarily toward business majors, this text also provides practical content to current and aspiring industry professionals.
With the globalization of the world economy, it is imperative for current and future managers to be sensitive to the differences they will encounter in intercultural communication. To help make readers aware of these differences, Intercultural Business Communication contains practical guidelines and information on how to conduct negotiations across countries, write business letters in different societies, and includes the general “dos” and “don’ts” in international business.
Table of contents
1. The Nature of Intercultural Communication
2. Universal Systems
3. Contrasting Cultural Values
4. Cultural Shock
6. Oral and Nonverbal Communication Patterns
7. Written Communication Patterns
8. Global Etiquette
9. Business and Social Customs
10. Intercultural Negotiation Process
11. Intercultural Negotiation Components
12. Laws Affecting International Business and Travel
Appendix A: Glossary
Appendix B: Answers to Exercises
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material