An interactive, digital, and mobile learning environment that replaces the traditional printed text. To register, you’ll need a course invite link from your instructor.
You'll get instant access to the digital content.
A digital version of the text you can personalize and read online or offline.
Revel™ Intercultural Competence: Interpersonal Communication Across Cultures, Eighth Edition gives students sufficient knowledge, appropriate motivations, and useful skills that enable them to experience how cultural differences can affect communication with others. The authors offer some practical suggestions concerning the adjustments necessary to achieve intercultural competence when dealing with these cultural differences. Upon completing this text, students will be able to appreciate the impact of cultural patterns on intercultural communication; use both practical and theoretical ideas to understand intercultural communication competence; understand some of the central contexts in which intercultural communication occurs; and discuss cultural identity and the role of cultural biases.
Revel is Pearson’s newest way of delivering our respected content. Fully digital and highly engaging, Revel replaces the textbook and gives students everything they need for the course. Informed by extensive research on how people read, think, and learn, Revel is an interactive learning environment that enables students to read, practice, and study in one continuous experience — for less than the cost of a traditional textbook.
NOTE: Revel is a fully digital delivery of Pearson content. This ISBN is for the standalone Revel access card. In addition to this access card, you will need a course invite link, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Revel.
Table of contents
2. Culture and Intercultural Communication
3. Intercultural Communication Competence
4. Cultural Patterns and Communication: Foundations
5. Cultural Patterns and Communication: Taxonomies
6. Cultural Identity and Cultural Biases
7. Verbal Intercultural Communication
8. Nonverbal Intercultural Communication
9. The Effects of Code Usage in Intercultural Communication
10. Intercultural Competence in Interpersonal Relationships
11. Episodes, Contexts, and Intercultural Interactions
12. The Potential for Intercultural Competence
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material
Published by Pearson (July 27th 2017) - Copyright © 2018