A digital platform that offers help when and where you need it, lets you focus your study time, and provides practical learning experiences. To register, you’ll need a Pearson course ID from your instructor.
You'll get instant access to the digital content.
MyMathLab from Pearson is the world’s leading online resource in mathematics, integrating interactive homework, assessment, and media in a flexible, easy-to-use format. It provides engaging experiences that personalize, stimulate, and measure learning for each student. And, it comes from an experienced partner with educational expertise and an eye on the future.
To learn more about how MyMathLab combines proven learning applications with powerful assessment, visit www.mymathlab.com or contact your Pearson representative.
- Updated! Martin-Gay’s video program has been updated and expanded and includes assignable video check questions, new Getting Ready for the Test videos for each chapter, and an increased number of watch clips at the exercise level to help students while doing homework in MyMathLab. All videos are presented by Elayn Martin-Gay to ensure 100% consistency with the text, and are available in both MyMathLab® and on the Interactive DVD Lecture Series. The following types of videos are available:
- A complete lecture for each section of the text highlights key examples and exercises. Shorter, objective-level video clips are also available for student ease of use, and easier instructor assignability.
- “Pop-ups” reinforce key terms, definitions, and concepts while Martin-Gay presents the material.
- An easy-to-use navigation menu helps students quickly find and focus on the examples and exercises they need.
- Interactive Concept Checks measure students’ understanding of key concepts and common trouble spots. After the viewer selects an answer from several multiple-choice options, Martin-Gay explains why the answer is correct or incorrect.
- Video Check Questions are available and assignable in MyMathLab for every section and every learning objective. These exercises are a great way to assess whether students have viewed and understood the key concepts presented in the videos.
- NEW! Getting Ready for the Test videos can be found before each Chapter Test. Before each Chapter Test, there are exercises that help check student’s conceptual understanding of the topics in the chapter as well as help them focus in on and avoid common errors. It is suggested that students complete and check these exercises before taking a practice Chapter Test. All exercises are either Multiple Choice or Matching, and all answers can be found in the answer section of this text. With these new videos:
- Video Solutions of all Getting Ready for the Test exercises can be found in MyMathLab and on the Interactive DVD Lecture Series. These video solutions contain brief explanations and reminders of material in the chapter. Where applicable, incorrect choices contain explanations.
- Getting Ready for the Test exercise numbers, marked in blue, indicate that the question is available in Learning Catalytics.
- The Chapter Test Prep Videos help students during their most teachable moment–when they are preparing for a test. This Martin-Gay innovation provides step-by-step solutions for the exercises found in each Chapter Test.
- Complete solutions on video for all exercises from the Practice Final Exam (located in Student Resources) help students prepare for the real thing. Overview segments review key problem-solving strategies.
- NEW! Student Success Tips videos are 3—5 minute segments, designed to be daily reminders to keep practicing effective organizational and study habits. These are organized into three categories:
- Success Tips that apply to any college course, such as Time Management.
- Success Tips that apply to any mathematics course, such as understanding that math requires homework to be completed in a timely fashion, as concepts build on previously learned material.
- Section or Content-specific Success Tips to help students avoid common mistakes or understand challenging concepts, such as applying the order of operations to simplify an expression.
- Study Skill Builder Videos reinforce the study skills-related skills and concepts found in Section 1.1, Tips for Success in Mathematics, and in the Study Skills Builder exercises found in the Student Resources section in the back of the text.
- NEW! Learning Catalytics Questions: MyMathLab now provides Learning Catalytics–an interactive, student response tool that uses students’ smartphones, tablets, or laptops to engage them in more sophisticated tasks and thinking. You can use the built-in questions or make your own!
- NEW! Getting Ready for the Test exercises are included at the end of each chapter before the chapter test. Exercise numbers in blue are available in Learning Catalytics. These are also noted in the Annotated Instructor’s Edition.
- The Video Organizer encourages students to take notes and work practice exercises while watching Elayn Martin-Gay’s lecture series (available in MyMathLab® and on DVD).
- All content in the Video Organizer is presented in the same order as it is presented in the videos, making it easy for students to create a course notebook and build good study habits.
- The Video Organizer provides ample space for students to write down key definitions and rules throughout the lectures, and “Play” and “Pause” button icons prompt students to follow along with Elayn for some exercises while they try others on their own.
- Vocabulary & Readiness Questions are available in the text and for assignment in MyMathLab. The readiness exercises center on a student’s understanding of a concept that is necessary in order to continue to the exercise set.
- NEW! Key Concept and Activity Lab Workbook is a great way to engage students in conceptual projects and exploration, as well as group work. The Workbook includes Extension Exercises, Exploration Activities, Conceptual Exercises, and Group Activities.
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material