Interpersonal Communication: Relating to Others, 9th edition
Published by Pearson (January 14th 2019) - Copyright © 2020
Interpersonal Communication: Relating to Others (Subscription)
ISBN-13: 9780134875781Includes: eText
A digital version of the text you can personalize and read online or offline.
Revel for Interpersonal Communication: Relating to Others -- Instant Access
- Instant Access
Instant digital access to Revel. To register, you'll need a course invite link from your instructor.
Interpersonal Communication: Relating to Others [RENTAL EDITION]
A soft-bound printed text you can rent, fulfilled by Chegg. At the end of the rental period, you can choose to keep the text for a flat fee.
Emphasize the importance of relating to others
Revel™ Interpersonal Communication: Relating to Others provides a clear overview of interpersonal communication theory and principles balanced with practical suggestions on how students can apply these principles to become better communicators. Using a student-friendly approach, authors Steven Beebe, Susan Beebe, and Mark Redmond help students see the importance of becoming other-oriented: a mindful process of considering the thoughts, needs, feelings, and values of others, rather than focusing exclusively on oneself. Thoroughly updated to reflect the latest developments in the field, the 9th Edition offers fresh coverage of the impact of social media on interpersonal communication today.
Table of contents
1. Introduction to Interpersonal Communication
2. Interpersonal Communication and Self
3. Interpersonal Communication and Perception
4. Interpersonal Communication and Diversity: Adapting to Others
PART 2: INTERPERSONAL COMMUNICATION SKILLS
5. Listening and Responding Skills
6 Verbal Communication Skills
7. Nonverbal Communication Skills
8. Conflict Management Skills
PART 3: INTERPERSONAL COMMUNICATION IN RELATIONSHIPS
9. Understanding Interpersonal Relationships
10. Managing Relationship Challenges and the Dark Side of Interpersonal Communication and Relationships
11. Interpersonal Relationships: Friendship and Romance
12. Interpersonal Relationships: Family and Workplace
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material