- Annotated Research Examples, with guidelines for critique, appear at the end of each chapter and demonstrate the practical application of material discussed in the chapter.
- Content on phenomenology and ethnography provides an up-to-date discussion of these interpretative methods. Covered in the qualitative methods chapter, this material helps students grasp the significance of works by Benner, Chenitz, and others.
- Statistics chapter and appendix present the information your students need to interpret, evaluate, and base decisions upon the growing body of statistical data applicable to improving nursing practice.
- Expanded information on computers offers a user-friendly guide to using computers for research-related projects. A timeline appears on the endpapers of the book and traces important historical nursing events.
Table of contents
1. What is Nursing Research?
2. How to Read Research.
3. Discovering Researchable Problems and Study Question.
4. The Literature Review.
5. The Theoretical Background.
6. Variables and Hypothesis.
7. Research Designs.
9. Quantitative Data Collection: Measurement and Instruments.
10. Quantitative Data Analysis.
11. Qualitative Research Methods.
12. Ethics and the Rights of Research Subjects.
13. The Research Critique.
14. Using Research in Nursing Practice.
APPENDIX A: PROPOSAL WRITING RESOURCES.
1. Guidelines for Writing a Research Proposal.
2. Sample Proposal Format.
APPENDIX B: HUMAN SUBJECTS REVIEW RESOURCES.
1. Sample Expedited Human Subjects Protocol.
2. Information Sheet for Prospective Participants in a Research Study.
3. Consent To Be a Research Subject.
APPENDIX C: SELECTED STATISTICAL INFORMATION.
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material