Introduction to Data Mining, 2nd edition
Published by Pearson (January 4th 2018) - Copyright © 2019
You'll get a bound printed text.
Introducing the fundamental concepts and algorithms of data mining
Introduction to Data Mining, 2nd Edition, gives a comprehensive overview of the background and general themes of data mining and is designed to be useful to students, instructors, researchers, and professionals. Presented in a clear and accessible way, the book outlines fundamental concepts and algorithms for each topic, thus providing the reader with the necessary background for the application of data mining to real problems. The text helps readers understand the nuances of the subject, and includes important sections on classification, association analysis, and cluster analysis. This edition improves on the first iteration of the book, published over a decade ago, by addressing the significant changes in the industry as a result of advanced technology and data growth.
Table of contents
3. Classification: Basic Concepts and Techniques
4. Classification: Alternative Techniques
5. Association Analysis: Basic Concepts and Algorithms
6. Association Analysis: Advanced Concepts
7. Cluster Analysis: Basic Concepts and Algorithms
8. Cluster Analysis: Additional Issues and Algorithms
9. Anomaly Detection
10. Avoiding False Discoveries
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material