Master VB.NET step-by-step, through practical examples and a case study.
Using real-world examples and a detailed case study, this book helps you master VB.NET from the ground upor rapidly migrate to VB.NET from earlier versions of Visual Basic. Dana L. Wyatt and Robert Oberg present a thorough introduction to VB.NET the language, the .NET Framework, and Visual Studio.NET. They examine VB.NET's basic coding constructs, thoroughly explore object-oriented design with VB.NET, and offer systematic guidance for building next-generation Windows applications with Windows Forms. Coverage includes:
- Classes, inheritance, and other elements of VB.NET object-oriented programming
- Windows Forms: form design, controls, events, menus, toolbars, and dialogs
- Visual Basic.NET's key interactions with the .NET Framework
- Major .NET classes: collections, files, ADO.NET database access, and multithreading
- Core VB.NET language features: data types, operators, control structures, and more
- Attributes, custom attributes, metadata, and reflection
- Techniques for building reusable .NET components
Table of contents
About This Series.
I. INTRODUCTION TO .NET AND VB.NET.
II. VB.NET AS A VISUAL BASIC LANGUAGE.
III. OBJECT-ORIENTED PROGRAMMING IN VB.NET.
IV. WINDOWS PROGRAMMING IN VB.NET.
V. VB.NET AND THE .NET FRAMEWORK.
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material