Digital book that you can read instantly
Introductory Chemistry: Atoms First (Subscription)
Pearson course ID or link in LMS required
Modified Mastering Chemistry without Pearson eText -- Instant Access -- for Introductory Chemistry: Atoms First
- Instant Access
2 from $117.32
Hardcover, paperback, or loose-leaf
Free deliveryWas$146.65 Now$117.32
Introductory Chemistry: Atoms First, Books a la Carte Edition
Free deliveryWas$213.32 Now$170.66
Introductory Chemistry: Atoms First
ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
--An atoms-first approach for introductory, preparatory, basic chemistry courses
Carrying through an atoms-first approach from the first four editions, and helping you focus on mastering the quantitative skills and conceptual knowledge you need to get a true understanding of chemistry, Russo and Silver’s Introductory Chemistry, Fifth Edition continues the tradition of relevance that makes it so effective. Now including MasteringChemistry®, the leading online homework, tutorial, and assessment product with a demonstrated record of helping students quickly master concepts, this Fifth Edition includes new opportunities for you to practice key concepts. MasteringChemistry provides seamless synergy with the text to create a dynamic learning program that enables you to learn both in and out of the classroom.
With Russo and Silver’s Introductory Chemistry, Fifth Edition and MasteringChemistry, you get a complete teaching and learning program that gives you critical tools for ensuring a successful introduction to chemistry, including:
- An atoms-first approach to chemistry: Through an atoms-first approach used effectively in the previous four editions, you begin to learn starting from the building blocks of matter and progress to understanding complex concepts from a logical point of view and with a deep understanding.
- Personalized, interactive learning for achieving proficiency of the concepts with MasteringChemistry: Self-paced tutorials guide you through the text’s most challenging topics; provide immediate, specific feedback and reinforcement; and present varied content to keep you engaged and on track.
- An emphasis on core concepts for solving quantitative and qualitative problems: Geta true understanding of introductory chemistry by using material that presents problem solving and comprehension as complimentary skills, rather than encouraging rote memorization.
- Features that demonstrate how relevant chemistry concepts are in students' lives: A number of outstanding features that show chemistry as a fascinating science.
0321926951 / 9780321926951 Introductory Chemistry: Atoms First Plus MasteringChemistry with eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
0321927117 / 9780321927118 Introductory Chemistry: Atoms
0321933729 / 9780321933720 MasteringChemistry with Pearson eText -- ValuePack Access Card -- for Introductory Chemistry: Atoms First
Table of contents
1. What is Chemistry?
2. The Numerical Side of Chemistry
3. The Evolution of Atomic Theory
4. The Modern Model of the Atom
5. Chemical Bonding and Nomenclature
6. The Shape of Molecules
7. Intermolecular Forces and the Phases of Matter
8. Chemical Reactions
9. Stoichiometry and the Mole
10. Electron Transfer in Chemical Reactions
11. What If There Were No Intermolecular Forces? The Ideal Gas
13. When Reactants Turn into Products
14. Chemical Equilibrium
15. Electrolytes, Acids, and Bases
16. Nuclear Chemistry
17. The Chemistry of Carbon
18. Synthetic and Biological Polymers
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material
Published by Pearson (April 17th 2018) - Copyright © 2015