Key Management Ideas: the thinkers who change the way we manage, 3rd edition
Unfortunately, this item is not available in your country.
"The only thing worse than slavishly following management theory is ignoring it completely" -The Economist
"If you are short of reading time and want to become ridiculously well-informed in a single sitting about any management fad for the last 15 years, this is the book for you" -Business Age
Itҳ back! and better than ever.
New management ideas are springing up all the time, propagated by new gurus, adopted by consultancies, and promoted through hundreds of business books. But how do managers find time to read every new theory? How do they distinguish important ideas from pure sales hype?
They read one book instead of hundreds.
Key Management Ideas cuts through the padding and jargon to give concise summaries of the most important contemporary management ideas. It puts the ideas that changed the management world into the hands of those who need to implement them.
Stuart Crainer provides an educated and unbiased opinion of the worth of each concept and discusses the benefits and pitfalls of applying them.
New for this edition:
- an expanded chapter on global management
- a new chapter on stakeholding and corporate responsibility
- a scaled down section on re-engineering
- a revised Chapter 8 focusing on knowledge management, intellectual capital and organisational learning
- analysis of c. 20 new theories
- introduction of several more management gurus.
Stuart Crainer is an expert on business books and business schools. He is an experienced journalist and author whose previous titles include: FT Handbook of Management, The Future of Leadership and The Ultimate Business Library.
Table of contents
Key for symbols.
1. The new world of management.
2. The new world of organizations.
3. The challenge of technology.
4. Creating and implementing strategy.
5. New ways of managing people.
6. Careers and working life.
7. The quality revolution.
8. Reinventing marketing.
10. Learning and Development.
11. Global management.
Glossary of management thinkers.
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material
Published by FT Press (October 28th 1998) - Copyright © 1998