NOTE: Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the Enhanced Pearson eText may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
This package includes the Enhanced Pearson eText and the bound book.
Language Development From Theory to Practice provides a survey of key topics in language development, including research methods, theoretical perspectives, and major language milestones from birth to adolescence and beyond, and language diversity and language disorders. Each chapter bridges language development theory and practice by providing students with a theoretical and scientific foundation to the study of language development. The authors emphasize the relevance of the material to students’ current and future experiences in clinical, educational, and research settings; emphasize multicultural considerations and how they affect language development; focus on using evidence-based practices for making educational and clinical decisions; show the relevance of a multidisciplinary perspective on the theory and practice of language development; and include a number of outstanding pedagogical features to motivate and engage students.
The new edition builds on the strengths of the earlier editions while featuring a chapter reorganization that promotes better understanding, more detailed coverage of topics of particular interest to students, expanded categorization of language-development theories, and a variety of helpful new pedagogical features. The Enhanced Pearson eText features embedded videos and assessments.
Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText*
The Enhanced Pearson eText provides a rich, interactive learning environment designed to improve student mastery of content. The Enhanced Pearson eText is:
- Engaging. The new interactive, multimedia learning features were developed by the authors and other subject-matter experts to deepen and enrich the learning experience.
- Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad® and Android® tablet.*
Affordable. The Enhanced Pearson eText may be purchased stand-alone for 50-60% less than a print bound book.
*The Enhanced eText features are only available in the Pearson eText format. They are not available in third-party eTexts or downloads.
*The Pearson eText App is available on Google Play and in the App Store. It requires Android OS 3.1-4, a 7” or 10” tablet, or iPad iOS 5.0 or later.
0134412087 / 9780134412085 Language Development From Theory to Practice, Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
- 0134170423 / 9780134170428 Language Development From Theory to Practice
- 0134170601 / 9780134170602 Language Development From Theory to Practice, Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card
Table of contents
1. Language Development: An Introduction
2. Building Blocks of Language
3. Neuroanatomy and Neurophysiology of Language
4. The Science and Theory of Language Development
5. Infancy: Let the Language Achievements Begin
6. Toddlerhood: Exploring the World and Experimenting with Language
7. Preschool: Building Literacy on Language
8. School-Age Years and Beyond: Developing Later Language
9. Language Diversity
10. Language Disorders in Children
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material
Published by Pearson (January 15th 2016) - Copyright © 2017