Leadership in Organizations, 9th edition
Unfortunately, this item is not available in your country.
For undergraduate and graduate-level courses in leadership.
This ISBN is for the bound textbook, which students can rent through their bookstore.
An exploration of what makes an effective leader
Leadership in Organizations, 9th Edition provides a balance of theory and practice as it covers the major theories and research on leadership and managerial effectiveness in formal organizations. Rather than detailing an endless series of studies or prescribing exactly how leaders must operate, it sticks to the major findings and offers recommendations for improving managerial effectiveness. Using this approach, readers understand the implications of their decisions and can determine the best courses of action specific to the situation. With new examples, citations, and guidelines for better clarity and presentation, the text is a relevant and useful tool for students who expect to become managers in the near future.
This title is also available digitally as a standalone Pearson eText. This option gives students affordable access to learning materials, so they come to class ready to succeed.
Table of contents
1. The Nature of Leadership
2. Leadership Behavior
3. The Leadership Situation and Adaptive Leadership
4. Decision Making and Empowerment by Leaders
5. Leading Change and Innovation
6. Power and Influence Tactics
7. Leader Traits and Skills
8. Charismatic and Transformational Leadership
9. Values-Based and Ethical Leadership
10. Dyadic Relations and Followers
11. Leadership in Teams and Decision Groups
12. Strategic Leadership in Organizations
13. Cross-Cultural Leadership and Diversity
14. Developing Leadership Skills
15. Overview and Integration
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material
Published by Pearson (February 1st 2019) - Copyright © 2020