Legal Environment of Business: Online Commerce, Ethics, and Global Issues [RENTAL EDITION], 9th edition
Published by Pearson (February 1st 2019) - Copyright © 2020
Legal Environment of Business and Online Commerce, The (Subscription)
ISBN-13: 9780135175651Includes: eText
A digital version of the text you can personalize and read online or offline.
MyLab Business Law with Pearson eText -- Instant Access -- for Legal Environment of Business: Online Commerce, Ethics, and Global Issues
- Instant Access
- Access card
A digital platform that offers help when and where you need it, lets you focus your study time, and provides practical learning experiences. To register, you’ll need a Pearson course ID from your instructor. You'll get instant access to the digital content. To access this digital content, you'll receive a physical card with printed code.
Legal Environment of Business [RENTAL EDITION]
A bound printed text you can rent, fulfilled by Chegg. At the end of the rental period, you can choose to keep the text for a flat fee.
For undergraduate courses in the legal environment of business.
This ISBN is for the bound textbook, which students can rent through their bookstore.
Cutting-edge cases and comprehensive coverage of the legal environment of business
The Legal Environment of Business: Online Commerce, Ethics, and Global Issues examines how the current legal and e-commerce environments, and government regulations impact today's business decisions. The cases in this text are cutting-edge, exciting, and engaging, and the reasoning of each case is presented in the language of the court. The 9th Edition has been updated with all new cases, statutes, and questions, so students have the opportunity to not only learn about the law, but also apply it to their personal and professional lives.
This title is also available digitally as a standalone Pearson eText, or via MyLab Business Law, which includes the Pearson eText. These options give students affordable access to learning materials, so they come to class ready to succeed.
Table of contents
PART I: LEGAL ENVIRONMENT, JUDICIAL SYSTEM, DISPUTE RESOLUTION, AND BUSINESS ETHICS
1. Legal Heritage and the Information Age
2. Ethics and Social Responsibility of Business
3. Courts, Jurisdiction, and Administrative Law
4. Judicial, Alternative, and E-Dispute Resolution
PART II: CONSTITUTIONAL LAW, TORTS, CRIMES, AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
5. Constitutional Law for Business and E-Commerce
6. Torts and Strict Liability
7. Criminal Law and Cybercrime
8. Intellectual Property and Information Technology
PART III: CONTRACTS, UCC TRANSACTIONS, CREDIT, AND E-COMMERCE
9. Formation of Contracts
10. Performance and Breach of Contracts
11. Digital Law and E-Commerce
12. Sales Contracts, Leases, and Warranties
13. Credit, Secured Transactions, and Bankruptcy
PART IV: BUSINESS ORGANIZATIONS, PARTNERSHIPS, CORPORATIONS, COMPANIES, AND SECURITIES LAW
14. Small Business, Entrepreneurship, and Partnerships
15. Limited Liability Companies and Special Forms of Business
16. Formation of Corporations and Corporate Governance
17. Investor Protection and Securities Transactions
PART V: AGENCY, EMPLOYMENT, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY, AND LABOR LAW
18. Agency Law
19. Equal Opportunity in Employment
20. Employment and Worker Protection
21. Labor Unions and Immigration Law
PART VI: GOVERNMENT REGULATION, CONSUMER SAFETY, ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION, AND REAL PROPERTY
22. Antitrust Law and Unfair Trade Practices
23. Consumer Protection
24. Environmental Protection
25. Real Property and Land Use Regulation
PART VII: GLOBAL ENVIRONMENT AND INTERNATIONAL COMMERCE
26. International and World Trade Law
PART VIII: ACCOUNTING PROFESSION
27. Accountants’ Duties and Liability
Appendix A: Constitution of the United States of America
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material