Published by Pearson (February 26th 2019) - Copyright © 2020
A digital platform that offers help when and where you need it, lets you focus your study time, and provides practical learning experiences. To register, you’ll need a Pearson course ID from your instructor.
You'll get a bound printed text.
- 0134990560 / 9780134990569 Literacy in the Early Grades: A Successful Start for PreK-4 Readers and Writers
- 0135176042 / 9780135176047 MyLab Education with Pearson eText -- Access Card -- for Literacy in the Early Grades: A Successful Start for PreK-4 Readers and Writers
Table of contents
- Becoming an Effective Teacher of Reading
- Examining Students’ Literacy Development
- Assessing Students’ Literacy Development
- Cracking the Alphabetic Code
- Learning to Spell
- Developing Fluent Readers and Writers
- Building Students’ Vocabulary
- Teaching Comprehension: Reader Factors
- Facilitating Students’ Comprehension: Text Factors
- Scaffolding Students’ Reading Development
- Scaffolding Students’ Writing Development
- Integrating Literacy into Thematic Units
Following Chapter 12 is the Compendium of Instructional Procedures which includes step-by-step instructions for implementing the evidence-based strategies presented throughout the text.
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material