Literacy in the Early Grades: A Successful Start for PreK-4 Readers and Writers
Published byPearson (February 26th 2019) - Copyright © 2020
You'll get a bound printed text.
A practical and balanced approach to helping young students become fluent readers and writers
Literacy in the Early Grades: A Successful Start for PreK-4 Readers and Writers presents a balanced approach to literacy instruction that will help all young students make a successful start in reading and writing. Effective teachers know their students’ individual needs, and use their understanding of literacy development to guide their teaching. The 5th Edition provides the background knowledge, modeling, and practical resources – including authentic classroom vignettes, student work samples, minilessons, assessment tools, and a Compendium of Instructional Procedures – that will ensure you are well prepared to meet grade-level standards and lead young students to become fluent readers and writers.
Also available with MyLab Education
By combining trusted author content with digital tools and a flexible platform, MyLab personalizes the learning experience and improves results for each student. MyLab Education gives teacher candidates opportunities to apply theory to practice – better preparing them for success in their future classrooms.
Note: You are purchasing a standalone product; MyLab Education does not come packaged with this content. Students, if interested in purchasing this title with MyLab Education, ask your instructor to confirm the correct package ISBN and Course ID. Instructors, contact your Pearson representative for more information.
If you would like to purchase both the physical text and MyLab Education, search for:
0134990528 / 9780134990521 Literacy in the Early Grades: A Successful Start for PreK-4 Readers and Writers, and MyLab Education with Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
- 0134990560 / 9780134990569 Literacy in the Early Grades: A Successful Start for PreK-4 Readers and Writers
- 0135176042 / 9780135176047 MyLab Education with Pearson eText -- Access Card -- for Literacy in the Early Grades: A Successful Start for PreK-4 Readers and Writers
Table of contents
- Becoming an Effective Teacher of Reading
- Examining Students’ Literacy Development
- Assessing Students’ Literacy Development
- Cracking the Alphabetic Code
- Learning to Spell
- Developing Fluent Readers and Writers
- Building Students’ Vocabulary
- Teaching Comprehension: Reader Factors
- Facilitating Students’ Comprehension: Text Factors
- Scaffolding Students’ Reading Development
- Scaffolding Students’ Writing Development
- Integrating Literacy into Thematic Units
Following Chapter 12 is the Compendium of Instructional Procedures which includes step-by-step instructions for implementing the evidence-based strategies presented throughout the text.
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material