NOTE: Before purchasing, check with your instructor to ensure you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of the MyLab™ and Mastering™ platforms exist for each title, and registrations are not transferable. To register for and use MyLab or Mastering, you may also need a Course ID, which your instructor will provide.
Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the MyLab or Mastering platform may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
This package includes MyLab Education.
A practical and balanced approach to helping young students become fluent readers and writers
Literacy in the Early Grades: A Successful Start for PreK-4 Readers and Writers presents a balanced approach to literacy instruction that will help all young students make a successful start in reading and writing. Effective teachers know their students’ individual needs, and use their understanding of literacy development to guide their teaching. The 5th Edition provides the background knowledge, modeling, and practical resources — including authentic classroom vignettes, student work samples, minilessons, assessment tools, and a Compendium of Instructional Procedures — that will ensure you are well prepared to meet grade-level standards and lead young students to become fluent readers and writers.
Personalize learning with MyLab Education
By combining trusted author content with digital tools and a flexible platform, MyLab personalizes the learning experience and improves results for each student. MyLab Education gives teacher candidates opportunities to apply theory to practice — better preparing them for success in their future classrooms.
0134990528 / 9780134990521 Literacy in the Early Grades: A Successful Start for PreK-4 Readers and Writers, and MyLab Education with Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
- 0134990560 / 9780134990569 Literacy in the Early Grades: A Successful Start for PreK-4 Readers and Writers
- 0135176042 / 9780135176047 MyLab Education with Pearson eText -- Access Card -- for Literacy in the Early Grades: A Successful Start for PreK-4 Readers and Writers
Table of contents
- Becoming an Effective Teacher of Reading
- Examining Students’ Literacy Development
- Assessing Students’ Literacy Development
- Cracking the Alphabetic Code
- Learning to Spell
- Developing Fluent Readers and Writers
- Building Students’ Vocabulary
- Teaching Comprehension: Reader Factors
- Facilitating Students’ Comprehension: Text Factors
- Scaffolding Students’ Reading Development
- Scaffolding Students’ Writing Development
- Integrating Literacy into Thematic Units
Following Chapter 12 is the Compendium of Instructional Procedures which includes step-by-step instructions for implementing the evidence-based strategies presented throughout the text.
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material