You'll get a bound printed text.
Pearson AG is Going Green
Issues of sustainability and preserving our natural resources, consistently rank among the most important concerns to our customers. To help do our part, Pearson AG is implementing the following eco-friendly initiatives to our publishing program.
- This book, as well as all future Pearson AG titles will be printed using paper fiber from managed forests certified by the Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI).
- Integrating the use of vegetable based ink products that contain a minimum of 45% of renewable resource content and no more than 5% by weight of petroleum distillates.
- Offering alternative versions to traditional printed textbooks such as our “Student Value Editions” as well as e-book versions of the text in the “CourseSmart “platform.
- Electronic versions of supplemental material such as PowerPoint Presentations, Test Banks, and Instructors manuals can be found by registering with our Instructor Resource Center on the web at www.pearsoned.com.
- For more information regarding the Sustainable Forestry Initiative please visit www. sfiprogram.org.
About this book:
Livestock Feeds and Feeding is a valuable resource that concentrates on the practical application of nutrition for the production of effective, high-producing commercial livestock. Designed as a resource book, it presents early coverage of nutrition and digestive physiology, a complete section on livestock feeds, and chapters devoted to the management and feeding practices of a variety of domestic animals. Offering an accessible approach, the book helps readers understand the effects that feeding and management of livestock have on livestock production systems, food safety, and the environment.
Table of contents
PART I: INTRODUCTION
1. Livestock Feeding
2. The Gastrointestinal Tract and Nutrient Utilization
3. Nutrients: Their Metabolism and Feeding Standards
PART II: FEEDS FOR LIVESTOCK
5. High-Energy Feedstuffs
6. Supplemental Protein Sources
8. Mineral and Vitamin Supplements
9. Feed Additives
10. Feed Laws and Labeling
11. Feed Processing
12. Ration Formulation
PART III: LIVESTOCK SPECIES
13. Feeding Swine
14. Feeding Poultry
15. Feeding Dairy Cows
16. Feeding Dairy Calves and Replacement Heifers
17. Feeding the Beef Cow Herd
18. Feeding Growing–Finishing Beef Cattle
PART IV: FEEDING OTHER DOMESTICATED SPECIES
19. Feeding Horses
20. Sheep Nutrition
21. Goats and Goat Nutrition
22. Feeding and Nutrition of Companion and Zoological Species
23. Feeding Rabbits
PART V: APPENDIX TABLES AND GLOSSARY
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material