Logistics & Supply Chain Management, 5th edition
Logistics & Supply Chain Management
You'll get a bound printed text.
The UK’s bestselling book on logistics and supply chain management – over 100,000 copies sold.
Effective development and management of supply chain networks helps businesses cut costs and enhance customer value. This updated 5th edition is a clear guide to all the key topics in an integrated approach to supply chains.
As well as new and updated examples and case studies, there are two new chapters:
Routes to Market: Many companies now have to manage multiple distribution channels - this chapter covers strategic issues on how companies “go to market” along with the cost implications of using alternative channels.
Service Logistics: As companies begin to sell performance rather than physical product, this chapter explores the implications for logistics management as the need to provide higher levels of service and customer support becomes ever more critical.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 - Logistics, the Supply Chain and Competitive Strategy
- Chapter 2 - Delivering Customer Value
- Chapter 3 -Going to Market
- Chapter 4 - Measuring Logistics Costs and Performance
- Chapter 5 - Matching Supply and Demand
- Chapter 6 - Creating the Responsive Supply Chain
- Chapter 7 - Strategic Lead-Time Management
- Chapter 8 - The Synchronous Supply Chain
- Chapter 9 - Complexity and the Supply Chain
- Chapter 10 - Managing the Global Pipeline
- Chapter 11 - Service Logistics
- Chapter 12 - Managing Risk in the Supply Chain
- Chapter 13 - The Era of Network Competition
- Chapter 14 - Overcoming the Barriers to Supply Chain Integration
- Chapter 15 - The Sustainable Supply Chain
- Chapter 16 - The Supply Chain of the Future
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material
Published by FT Press (February 26th 2016) - Copyright © 2016