Lynn-Texts and Contexts: Writing About Literature with Critical Theory [RENTAL EDITION],7/e, 7th edition
Texts and Contexts: Writing About Literature with Critical Theory (Subscription)
A digital version of the text you can personalize and read online or offline.
This is the eBook of the printed book and may not include any media, website access codes, or print supplements that may come packaged with the bound book.
For courses in literary criticism or literary analysis.
Theories and strategies for writing about literature
By considering how adept readers behave and what assumptions they might make while interacting with literary text, Texts and Contexts: Writing About Literature with Critical Theory teaches students the challenging art of writing about literature. The Seventh Edition provides overviews of literature and how to write about it, as well as critical and literary theory with examples throughout. Students will learn versatile strategies in reading, writing, interpreting data, and constructing arguments that can be applied to virtually any field.
Also available with MyLiteratureLab
MyLiteratureLab is an online resource that works with our literature anthologies to provide engaging experiences to instructors and students.
Students can access new content that fosters an understanding of literary elements, which provides a foundation for stimulating class discussions. This simple and powerful tool offers state-of-the-art audio and video resources along with practical tools and flexible assessment.
Note: You are purchasing a standalone product; MyLiteratureLab does not come packaged with this content. Students, if interested in purchasing this title with MyLiteratureLab, ask your instructor for the correct package ISBN and Course ID. Instructors, contact your Pearson representative for more information.
If you would like to purchase both the physical text and My##Lab, search for:
0134272455 / 9780134272450 Texts and Contexts: Writing About Literature with Critical Theory Plus MyLiteratureLab — Access Card Package
Package consists of:
- 0133931269 / 9780133931266 MyLiteratureLab without Pearson eText — Standalone Access Card
- 0133931277 / 9780133931273 MyLiteratureLab without Pearson eText — Inside Star Sticker
- 032194562X / 9780321945624 Texts and Contexts: Writing About Literature with Critical Theory
Table of contents
1. An Introduction, Theoretically
2. Critical Words: A Selective Tour
3. Unifying the Work: New Criticism
4. Creating the Text: Reader-Response Criticism
5. Opening Up the Text: Structuralism and Deconstruction
6. Connecting the Text: Historical and New Historical Criticism
7. Minding the Work: Psychological Criticism
8. Gendering the Text: Feminist Criticism, Post-feminism, and Queer Theory
Published by Pearson (December 19th 2018) - Copyright © 2017