NOTE: Before purchasing, check with your instructor to ensure you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, and registrations are not transferable. To register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products, you may also need a Course ID, which your instructor will provide.
Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
For courses in the Principles of Economics.
This package includes MyEconLab®.
Introduces Readers to the Basic Concepts of Economics with Timely, Engaging Stories and Applications
Readers hoping to gain a better understanding of economics and the world around them often leave with their questions unanswered. Macroeconomics: Principles, Applications, and Tools is built upon the author’s philosophy of using the basic concepts of economics to explain a wide variety of timely, engaging, real-world economic applications.
The Ninth Edition incorporates updated figures and data, while also emphasizing current topics of interest—including the severe economic downturn of recent years and the latest developments in economic thinking. It also includes newly refined Learning Objectives that introduce the concepts explored in each chapter, along with new applications and chapter-opening stories related to the most up-to-date developments in macroeconomics.
Personalize Learning with MyEconLab
MyEconLab is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program designed to work with this text to engage readers and improve results. Within its structured environment, readers practice what they learn, test their understanding, and pursue a personalized study plan that helps them better absorb course material and understand difficult concepts.
0134424042/9780134424040 Macroeconomics: Principles, Applications, and Tools Plus MyEconLab with Pearson eText (1-semester access) -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
- 0134062469 / 9780134062464 MyEconLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card -- for Macroeconomics: Principles, Applications and Tools
- 0134089022 / 9780134089027 Macroeconomics: Principles, Applications, and Tools
Table of contents
Part 1: Introduction and Key Principles
1. Introduction: What Is Economics?
2. The Key Principles of Economics
3. Exchange and Markets
4. Demand, Supply, and Market Equilibrium
Part 2: The Basic Concepts in Macroeconomics
5. Measuring a Nation’s Production and Income
6. Unemployment and Inflation
Part 3: The Economy in the Long Run
7. The Economy at Full Employment
8. Why Do Economies Grow?
Part 4: Economic Fluctuations and Fiscal Policy
9. Aggregate Demand and Aggregate Supply
10. Fiscal Policy
11. The Income-Expenditure Model
12. Investment and Financial Markets
Part 5: Money, Banking, and Monetary Policy
13. Money and the Banking System
14. The Federal Reserve and Monetary Policy
Part 6: Inflation, Unemployment, and Economic Policy
15. Modern Macroeconomics: From the Short Run to the Long Run
16. The Dynamics of Inflation and Unemployment
17. Macroeconomic Policy Debates
Part 7: The International Economy
18. International Trade and Public Policy
19. The World of International Finance
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material